Would you go on a training ride with Lance A. ?

Dec 30, 2010
391
0
0
I am curious to know , given the extreem opposition i have received in recent posts , considering what Lance is going thru with his career , would you as a cyclist go on a training ride with Lance ?
I am not talking paying to ride with him , just cyclist to cyclist , just as we all sometimes meet other cyclists on the road and ride together for a while .
Would you ride with Lance ? :cool:
 
Mar 11, 2009
3,274
1
0
(not a fan)

Sure, I'd even skip work for it.

Would be pretty cool to go training with a tour champ.
 
Apr 28, 2010
1,588
0
0
Hell yeah. I'd act like the sycophantic know-nothing fanboy he loves, lure him into false security and then see what I can get out of him. Then I'd come on here and put it all in the clinic.
 
Jul 14, 2009
2,499
0
0
I would hire a helicopter so they could zoom in on Lance and I talking about the tactics of me winning the training ride..I would attack him often I would also ride in one of those Chippolini skins suits..maybe one of the cat designs.
 
Dec 30, 2010
391
0
0
fatandfast said:
I would hire a helicopter so they could zoom in on Lance and I talking about the tactics of me winning the training ride..I would attack him often I would also ride in one of those Chippolini skins suits..maybe one of the cat designs.
Ok so you are going for Chippolini style points while you are at it . Ok so thats good too . Gotta do it in style .
:cool:
 
I'd like to think I'd go, and would ask some difficult question. But I wouldn't. I'd probably just be starstruck. I'd have been delighted if I went to spin class and Ricardo Riccò was teaching it as he had to do as part of his punishment, too, and I can't stand that guy.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
No, but knowing the route of the ride I would cycle to a point along it and boo him as he went past. Then cycle to another part and do it again, complete with LieStrong banner and a bikepure t-shirt
 
Mar 17, 2009
1,863
0
0
Only if I could do it riding a Lemond in full Z kit.

But seriously, no. I'd be too tempted to put him in a ditch.
 
Mar 10, 2009
1,384
0
0
TeamSkyFans said:
No, but knowing the route of the ride I would cycle to a point along it and boo him as he went past. Then cycle to another part and do it again, complete with LieStrong banner and a bikepure t-shirt
I would join you.
 
Aug 19, 2010
62
0
0
I wouldn't, but not because of the drug stuff, but because I've never been able to abide with the way he treats people like dirt. And besides, I'm not a big fan of celebrity worship. I've had occaison to be participating in sporting activites with champion cyclists (not cycling though, coming down from a rock climb with Davis Phinney and nordic skiing with Alexi Grewal), but other than saying hi to Davis I just let them be. I figured they appreciate their privacy as much as anyone and it's not like they would even recognize me the next day. As far a the opportunity to ride with a pro champion other than LA goes, why would I want to realize that my cycling performance is even more inadequate than I think it is.
 
Dec 30, 2010
391
0
0
fatandfast said:
I want to keep posting in case CN or Trek turn this into a contest
Cool , ok that was funny , but yes you never know , I definitely wouldnt mind upgrading my old horse some day . Trade up from going good downhill to doing better uphill . It sounds great .
:cool:
 
Jun 19, 2009
5,220
0
0
flicker said:
Yes I would ride with my Lance. Out of respect for him I would not drop him....
I'd follow you guys just to see how it turned out because I know you wouldn't be able to resist temptation...

Otherwise, no. Rather ride with Tyler or someone that actually speaks to other riders.
 
flicker said:
Yes I would ride with my Lance. Out of respect for him I would not drop him....
Oldman said:
I'd follow you guys just to see how it turned out because I know you wouldn't be able to resist temptation...
Spoken like a true IncendiaryMan, who likes 'splosions. ;)
Back to the question... Meh, I wouldn't go out of my way, like travel anywhere, but I'd go for the ride.
 
Id cycle with him and be nice. Get a picture taken of course. Then at the end give him a paper with a number on it, and tell him to deposit $2000 to the bank account written on the paper within 24 hours, or i tell the press that he confessed to me all about his drug use during the ride.

I figure its worth a try, no?
 
The Hitch said:
Id cycle with him and be nice. Get a picture taken of course. Then at the end give him a paper with a number on it, and tell him to deposit $2000 to the bank account written on the paper within 24 hours, or i tell the press that he confessed to me all about his drug use during the ride.

I figure its worth a try, no?
Downright manipulative. ;)
But to help out a little more with your studies at the uni, maybe add one more zero.
 
on3m@n@rmy said:
Downright manipulative. ;)
But to help out a little more with your studies at the uni, maybe add one more zero.
Rule number 1 - never get greedy. 2000 is small enough to work. 20 000 and he might as well lawyer up or even get into contact with some "friends of ours".
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS