Your Ideal Tour 2013

Jul 29, 2012
11,703
3
0
If you had the power to make the profile for the tour, how would you do it?

How many flat stages, ITT (TTT?)?

How many mountain stages, at which mountain? When would you place the mountains, already first week?

Decent finishes?

Any hill finishes? like in the vuelta 'jaca' for example.

Share it ;)
 
May 3, 2011
1,791
0
0




One long and brutal Cobbled stage!

Same amount of TTing as this year but with more high mountain stages. Mont Ventoux early on along with lots of hilly stages. Dont really care about downhill finishes tbh.
 
Prologue in city of more than a miliion people, Ardennes, Cobbles, some sprints Massif central, 50k itt, 2 mountain stages in pyrannes finishing within 30k of a hc ascent, some sprints, 1 hc mtf and 2 descent finishes in alpes, itt disneyland to paris for finish.
 
Something like this

1. TT 27 km (flat)
2. Flat
3. Flandern Classic type of stage
4. Uphill Finish
5. TTT 70km (Last 70 km of Paris Roubaix)
6. Flat
7. Very long Flat (300km +)
8. ITT 73km (flat)
9. Medium Mountain stage (Voges for example)
10. Flat
11. Alps: High Mountains (Mountain Finish)
12. Alps : High Mountains (Finish in town , Morzine)
13. Medium Mountain Stage (Mende)
14. Flat
15 High Mountains: Pyrenees, MF Aspin, Tourmalet, Luz Ardidien
16 High Mountains: Pyrenees, "MF Classic Pyrennes Stafe to Sain Lary Soulan
17 High Mountains: Pyrennes, Finish in valley directly after Aubisque
18 Flat
19 Uphill Sprint
20 MTT Carpentras - Mont Ventoux (36,5km)
21 Flat -> Paris
 
I'd say something like 12 MTFs and not more than 30kms ITT (not flat, please, and preferably right at the end) would do the trick.

Oh and I almost forgot, a TTT of considerable length, 20kms or so, to start things up.

We don't want to miss THAT.
 
Descender said:
I'd say something like 12 MTFs and not more than 30kms ITT (not flat, please, and preferably right at the end) would do the trick.

Oh and I almost forgot, a TTT of considerable length, 20kms or so, to start things up.

We don't want to miss THAT.
LOL! good one :D
 
Bavarianrider said:
Something like this

1. TT 27 km (flat)
2. Flat
3. Flandern Classic type of stage
4. Uphill Finish
5. TTT 70km (Last 70 km of Paris Roubaix)
6. Flat
7. Very long Flat (300km +)
8. ITT 73km (flat)
9. Medium Mountain stage (Voges for example)
10. Flat
11. Alps: High Mountains (Mountain Finish)
12. Alps : High Mountains (Finish in town , Morzine)
13. Medium Mountain Stage (Mende)
14. Flat
15 High Mountains: Pyrenees, MF Aspin, Tourmalet, Luz Ardidien
16 High Mountains: Pyrenees, "MF Classic Pyrennes Stafe to Sain Lary Soulan
17 High Mountains: Pyrennes, Finish in valley directly after Aubisque
18 Flat
19 Uphill Sprint
20 MTT Carpentras - Mont Ventoux (36,5km)
21 Flat -> Paris
200km's of TT 100km of them flat and ITT. Wiggo would be in heaven!!
 
Jul 8, 2012
314
0
0
Bavarianrider said:
Something like this

1. TT 27 km (flat)
2. Flat
3. Flandern Classic type of stage
4. Uphill Finish
5. TTT 70km (Last 70 km of Paris Roubaix)
6. Flat
7. Very long Flat (300km +)
8. ITT 73km (flat)
9. Medium Mountain stage (Voges for example)
10. Flat
11. Alps: High Mountains (Mountain Finish)
12. Alps : High Mountains (Finish in town , Morzine)
13. Medium Mountain Stage (Mende)
14. Flat
15 High Mountains: Pyrenees, MF Aspin, Tourmalet, Luz Ardidien
16 High Mountains: Pyrenees, "MF Classic Pyrennes Stafe to Sain Lary Soulan
17 High Mountains: Pyrennes, Finish in valley directly after Aubisque
18 Flat
19 Uphill Sprint
20 MTT Carpentras - Mont Ventoux (36,5km)
21 Flat -> Paris
I chuckled.
 
Bavarianrider said:
Something like this

1. TT 27 km (flat)
2. Flat
3. Flandern Classic type of stage
4. Uphill Finish
5. TTT 70km (Last 70 km of Paris Roubaix)
6. Flat
7. Very long Flat (300km +)
8. ITT 73km (flat)
9. Medium Mountain stage (Voges for example)
10. Flat
11. Alps: High Mountains (Mountain Finish)
12. Alps : High Mountains (Finish in town , Morzine)
13. Medium Mountain Stage (Mende)
14. Flat
15 High Mountains: Pyrenees, MF Aspin, Tourmalet, Luz Ardidien
16 High Mountains: Pyrenees, "MF Classic Pyrennes Stafe to Sain Lary Soulan
17 High Mountains: Pyrennes, Finish in valley directly after Aubisque
18 Flat
19 Uphill Sprint
20 MTT Carpentras - Mont Ventoux (36,5km)
21 Flat -> Paris
Tony Martin won't still win though:D
 
Bavarian-mode:
Prologue: 5km but with no corners so Tony has a chance
stage 1: 50 km ITT
stage 2: 60 km ITT
stage 3: 70 km ITT
stage 4: 80 km ITT
stage 5: 90 km ITT
stage 6: 80 km ITT
stage 7: 70 km ITT
stage 8: 60 km ITT
stage 9: 50 km ITT
stage 10: 40 km ITT
stage 11: 30 km ITT
stage 12: 20 km ITT
stage 13: 50 km ITT
stage 14: 60 km ITT
stage 15: 60 km ITT
stage 16: 90 km ITT
stage 17: 90 km ITT
stage 18: 90 km ITT
stage 19: 90 km ITT
stage 20: 40 km ITT
stage 21: 100 km ITT
 
Bavarianrider said:
5. TTT 70km (Last 70 km of Paris Roubaix)
Is this one just to wind up Hitchy or does the sadistic side of you really want to see the utter carnage that would ensue on this one?

It wouldn't really be workable in practice either. There'd be massive time gaps created and you couldn't have teams catch the one in front up because of the lack of space on the pave secteurs for bike overtaking, never mind the team cars.
 

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
5,123
0
0
this year. gts convinced me that parcours is mainly matter of fan anticipation that doesn't coincide with reality too often. so to me, ideal tour is the tour with all top favorites on top shape. climbs? no matter which, but pladeberet, arcalis and toussuire. )
 
King Of The Wolds said:
Is this one just to wind up Hitchy or does the sadistic side of you really want to see the utter carnage that would ensue on this one?

It wouldn't really be workable in practice either. There'd be massive time gaps created and you couldn't have teams catch the one in front up because of the lack of space on the pave secteurs for bike overtaking, never mind the team cars.
Not to mention that you'd have to have it immediately before a rest day to give Euskaltel a chance to actually make it to the finish line before the next stage.
 
Jun 18, 2009
1,097
0
0
*1 itt before mountains - made 98 Tour a gorgeous one
*a stage in pyrenees (aspet, mente, portillon, peyresourde, louron-azet) finishing with a dh in st lary soulan
*then a short one with ancizan, tourmalet and hautacam mtf
*then they have to go north
*flat flat
*itt mont saint michel
*flat flat
*ventoux
*some flat again
*mtf on madeleine from st francois longchamp side
*a more decent finish to tignes/courchevel
*morzine with joux plane
*itt to paris
 
King Of The Wolds said:
Is this one just to wind up Hitchy or does the sadistic side of you really want to see the utter carnage that would ensue on this one?

It wouldn't really be workable in practice either. There'd be massive time gaps created and you couldn't have teams catch the one in front up because of the lack of space on the pave secteurs for bike overtaking, never mind the team cars.
You can simply have 15 minute gaps between the teams
Or you split one team into 3 teams.Meaning that each team has 3 teams with 3 riders.

It would be so ****ing epic.
 
flat ITT of 50 kms,hilly ITT of 40 kms, MTT up the alpe
MTF on ventoux
hautacam and bonascre MTF
stage to morzine after joux-plane
la plagne MTF

that would be good

and no more than 5 flat stages purely for the sprinters.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS