• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Zabriskie

If the burden of guilt was s heavy on him, could he possibly have been soft pedaling through his greatest rides? I can hardly imagine doping against my will and then actually give it my all. A bit like having chain snap of you a lot. You start to soft pedal. I sure did.
Doping half azzedly as David testifies he has, he must have really been a monster of a talent. Or perhaps he was not really soft doping?
I used to be a fan if his wit, but as my dopawareness grew, I lost interest in rooting for him. I used to write him messages that he could climb faster if only he this and that. Perhaps he was just riding clean AND with the worng seat position.
Perhaps DZ is a sort of positive note, less false than what we've read so far? If he made it to 2002 clean, that's something, right?