• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Zipp 101

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Contemplating buying a set of 101s. Anyone ridden them, recommend them?

Also, do you know of anywhere to get them below the MSRP of $1300? I've found them for $1170 @ trifectabikes.com. Can't seem to find them any cheaper. Thanks

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
not the lightest but the wide rim width makes for a smooth clincher ride. durable option for cx and training. One would have to do some heavy convincing that deep rim shape truly helps aero at this level wheel? I certainly have no human gauge to measure this on a few training rides.

However IMHO one can build a 32 3x open pro on Dura ace rims for less money. for less weight and more durability more reliable hubs.

Altitude said:
Contemplating buying a set of 101s. Anyone ridden them, recommend them?

Also, do you know of anywhere to get them below the MSRP of $1300? I've found them for $1170 @ trifectabikes.com. Can't seem to find them any cheaper. Thanks

shimano, miche or Campagnolo hubs, Velocity A23, DT spokes.

Better made, standard parts, better hubs, same or less weight
and...........about 1/2 the price.