• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

A coffee and a small Danish.

Page 36 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Question: What do pro cyclists do during off-season?
Answer: They get married, make kids, and party a bit.

And then there's Vingegaard, who just gets married in the middle (well, beginning) of the season, and won't tell anyone when it happened.

Is it true that when Michael Valgren was a young pro with Tinkoff and Astana he would spend his spare-time/off-season working in the same fish factory as Vingegaard?

Reading Vingegaard's Wikipedia page that seems to be the case. I mean when Jonas was in the fish factory Valgren, who is 5 years older, was already regularly competing in the Tour de France. It seems a bit hard to believe that a WT rider would need some extra pocket money.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Is it true that when Michael Valgren was a young pro with Tinkoff and Astana he would spend his spare-time/off-season working in the same fish factory as Vingegaard?

Reading Vingegaard's Wikipedia page that seems to be the case. I mean when Jonas was in the fish factory Valgren, who is 5 years older, was already regularly competing in the Tour de France. It seems a bit hard to believe that a WT rider would need some extra pocket money.

I don't think it was when he was with Saxo/Tinkoff, and Astana he worked at that factory, but earlier, when he was still a conti rider.

There's an Irish-born Scottish rugby player called Ben Healy, and I've just discovered there's also a Basque U20 runner called Mikel Landa.

View: https://twitter.com/club_la_blanca/status/1711392351199875157
Belgium's best ever billiards player is called Eddy Merckx. Which is quite funny because every year or so the newscaster will open with: "And Eddy Merkcx just became World Champion, no not in cycling but in Three-cushion billiards."

What do you when you have a rider who won't be able to take the usual "New Kit Photos" at the December team meeting? You can either just take the photo later, or... you can use photoshop!

julie-leth-2023.jpeg
julie-norman-leth-2024.png

• Haha