• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

77th Tour de Romandie (2.UWT) // 23rd - 28th of April 2024

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

yes or no

• Total voters
Ethan Hayter has it all apart from the ability to ride a bike, he should be forced to ride on an ice rink for a year whilst Steve Cummings throws stuff at him.
8nr1k5.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
Been looking at Mas' time for ages now thinking there must've been some sort of timing error
He was very solid at the TT with Quik Step. It’s been garbage with Movistar but he is capable of putting in a good time. Maybe he has spent the last month working on his position.

There is also the fact that he has altered his prep this season and has raced nowhere near as many days so far. It almost looks like he’s using the Tour to build up for the Vuelta.

Reactions: Tim Cahill
He was very solid at the TT with Quik Step. It’s been garbage with Movistar but he is capable of putting in a good time. Maybe he has spent the last month working on his position.

There is also the fact that he has altered his prep this season and has raced nowhere near as many days so far. It almost looks like he’s using the Tour to build up for the Vuelta.
This prologue had nothing to do with TT position. It was all about punch and taking risks. Neither of which is something Mas is known for.

Van Wilder
Mas +1
Lenny, Ayuso, Tratnik +2
Sheffield, Vlasov +3
Voisard, A Yates, Caruso +4
S Yates +5
C Rodriguez +6
Mcnulty +7
Hart, Sivakov +8
Gaudu +9
Ciccone, Bernal, Arensman +10
Carapaz, Howson +11
Martin +12
Higuita, Plapp +13
Masnada +15
Please some respect for Masnada as he was better than Dunbar, castrovejo, mentjes and Sosa. This also will be the course which suit him least all year, 2km and repeated explosions. It's like watching arvid de klijn on il lombardia

I think Ivo Oliveira could have won if he had started with the more nimble road bike instead of the TT bike.

For me though, these super short stages make no sense unless there is another stage during the same day, an a stage and a b stage, otherwise this is just wasting one racing day.

For the overall though I think UAE should take this proabably with Ayuso, though Yates is also here trying to defend his title. Mas and former winner Vlasov are also strong contenders and obviously eyes on Bernal to see how he performs.

I think Ivo Oliveira could have won if he had started with the more nimble road bike instead of the TT bike.

For me though, these super short stages make no sense unless there is another stage during the same day, an a stage and a b stage, otherwise this is just wasting one racing day.

For the overall though I think UAE should take this proabably with Ayuso, though Yates is also here trying to defend his title. Mas and former winner Vlasov are also strong contenders and obviously eyes on Bernal to see how he performs.
They should do like the zwift tiny races and do 4 of these prologues in one day.

• Haha
That's probably one of the most unexpected results (both the winner and the entire top10) in a major race in many years, especially if we exclude some random breakaways that nobody cared to bring back.
Probably since the Foliforov sputnik's launch on Alpe di Siusi in 2016?
Romandie has had its fair share of surprising results in prologues (Cerny, Tratnik, Felline to name a few) but todays' result surely tops them all.