• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 825 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 28 35.0%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 46 57.5%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 18 22.5%

• Total voters
Fortunately Chris Froome did finish today's stage.
With the assistance of two team mates he rolled in over three-and-a-half minutes behind the main bunch.
He was flexing and checking his wrist after his fall. Hopefully there is no fracture.
Thans for the info..he wanted to show something at this race, told yesterday., but with a crash very difficult.

• Sad
Reactions: Ilmaestro99
Froomedawg down, Froomedawg down. Hope he didn't hurt himself too much.

Big sigh of relief by Taxus, since now each bad performance for the rest of the season by Froome, he can trace back to this crash and keep the hope alive for a breakthrough in 2025.
Of couse, he would have been hand to hand with Vingegaard, Poggi, Ayuso, Remco, and Roglic at le Tour, but now no way...;)

• Love
Reactions: Ilmaestro99
While a toddler I always thought a malfunctioning object could be somehow repaired by a random accident of the same kind that ruined it. No human skills or knowledge of its inner workings were needed, just some magic trick.
Humpty Dumpty ?
Clipboard.png

Reactions: Sandisfan
While a toddler I always thought a malfunctioning object could be somehow repaired by a random accident of the same kind that ruined it. No human skills or knowledge of its inner workings were needed, just some magic trick.
Perhaps the crash has jolted Dawg's hip back into it's 2018 place and he's about to drop everyone. Like Homer Simpson when they remove that crayon from his brain.

But beat by Cavendish meaning Froome only has a 2” lead over him now.
Froome told me he will be fighting till the end, no matter what the wrist hurts, no matter what the team need to win this battle to his compatriot and ex team mate.
Seriously, he will be fighteen for an stage this Tirreno IMO. If there is good weather, a day like today no.

Reactions: QueenStagiaire
I was joking 😊, I said seriously later.
The day began with a setback for Team Visma | Lease a Bike. Robert Gesink did not appear at the start after his crash in stage two yesterday.

If Gesink didnt start, and he had apparently a better Crash than Froome...It is logical to think that Froome lose time. Long stage with cold and rain not the best for his revovery. I hope he can revolver today and show something at the end of the race, but what a pity It looks complicated. This race was the first in a long time he didnt have really to work, so he miss a good oportunity, so bad luck! Today was a good day for him to be on the break, but...

Last edited:
Reactions: perico