• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Deleting posts

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Irondan said:
I've been deleting posts that are either trolling, baiting, rude or any number of other infractions.

If your post is gone it's because of one of those.
In my case I thought Red Rick made a funny analogy, I wrote "ROFL". Too few characters? Would it be better if spelled it out? Posted a little image meme? Or was it too vague? Would it be better if I told him that I thought it a well crafted metaphor in a more serious tone? Or was it a more substantive issue were the post was seen as a furthering of the original message in a way that may bring about a potential derailment of the thread?

I mean, despite my propensity towards what some might see as over-analyzing things, my SOP here is to just drop it altogether; it's really not that big of an issue for me. But if it so pleases the moderators, I think a PM saying simply "Message deleted: rude" or "too short" or "not apropos" would be well received by some of us who may not be knowledgeable enough to figure it out for ourselves. Again, just a thought.

Re:

Irondan said:
I've been deleting posts that are either trolling, baiting, rude or any number of other infractions.

If your post is gone it's because of one of those.

That's pretty funny.
You've deleted some of my best posts! None of which were meant to be mean or to bait (whatever that means).
Funny? Maybe not.
That said, I always enjoy reading the member suspension thread. Call me easily amused.
Point I'm trying to reach is to politely ask you and your colleagues to stop saying so-and-so is banned for one week for baiting, trolling, etc...
Please just say the delgados is banned one week for baiting. Not the delgados is banned for one week for trolling, baiting, or whatever it is deemed offensive.
We get it already.
p.s. Please don't ban me.

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
I've just got a warning for 'reposting a deleted post', but I received no notification whatsoever that my post had been deleted, so I just assumed my unreliable computer had ate it. Can the moderators please sort themselves out?

Re:

Cannibal72 said:
I've just got a warning for 'reposting a deleted post', but I received no notification whatsoever that my post had been deleted, so I just assumed my unreliable computer had ate it. Can the moderators please sort themselves out?
We don't give warning when we delete posts, that would be unrealistic. But I'll try to get "sorted out" since your computer is so unreliable.

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Re: Re:

Irondan said:
Cannibal72 said:
We don't give warning when we delete posts, that would be unrealistic. But I'll try to get "sorted out" since your computer is so unreliable.

Do you really delete so many posts you can't notify? Wow.