• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Do we need more mods?

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
It seems there are not many (frequently) active mods here...

Since Afrank left I have been wondering if we need a new one or two...

Maybe in time with little modding, posters will be better to get used to it and self-police accordingly..

However sometimes I think things are getting a bit out of hand...

What do you think?

P.S The reason for me asking is that I appreciate the forum and would like to see it prosper with many posters and a healthy environment -Nothing more, nothing less...

Echoes said:
Angliru hates me with a passion. Never noticed?;-) & one on Flo's list too. :p

Hehe, sort of easy to guess who it is from Flo's picks, but no I never noticed about Angliru. Me and him had our dose of bickering, mainly about Contador, but I think he could keep some things in order.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re:

BigMac said:
What do you mean Afrank left?

Like, he realized there's just too much beauty in Oregon to stay home?

Dunno - OP stated "Since Afrank left...". Since I had been away for a while myself I thought I might have missed something, but it seems Afrank simply stopped posting at the end of february

................given that new mods enthusiasm for the task in hand appears to quickly wane.............instead of

promoting members as suitable mods.............are there any members who would love to step up and try to keep

order among the likes of myself?

Mark L