• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Do we need more mods?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I think the forum would benefit from clearer guidelines as to what is and isn't acceptable posting too. I can't help but think the modding is rather inconsistent. especially so about confrontational posters that can't resist making things personal.

Perhaps we should try a new style of moderating, a democratic style.

If someone thinks someone should be banned then start a thread in this section detailing the reasons with a poll.

If the poll gets x number of votes saying that person should be banned off they go for a week. 2nd time a month, 3rd time 3 months, 4th time 6 months, 5th time a year, 6th time good bye, get lost.

Re:

TheGreenMonkey said:

If someone thinks someone should be banned then start a thread in this section detailing the reasons with a poll.

If the poll gets x number of votes saying that person should be banned off they go for a week. 2nd time a month, 3rd time 3 months, 4th time 6 months, 5th time a year, 6th time good bye, get lost.

What to do with that guy who already got banned more than twenty times?

Re: Re:

BigMac said:
TheGreenMonkey said:

What to do with that guy who already got banned more than twenty times?
The Hog, or Ryo Hazuki? Both are well over 20 bans by now.

I've experienced that on other forums.

Most disgusting methods, reminiscence of the denouncement of 1942. I guess coming from Greenmonkey, it must be irony since he'd be a first victim but not sure about that. An impopular guy is delivered to "mob justice" and mods acting like Pontius Pilate washing their hands out of the blood of the Righteous.

Only hatred can come out of this. This forum has rules, mods, I'd be the first to criticize them but I also have to accept them.

Echoes said:
I've experienced that on other forums.

Most disgusting methods, reminiscence of the denouncement of 1942. I guess coming from Greenmonkey, it must be irony since he'd be a first victim but not sure about that. An impopular guy is delivered to "mob justice" and mods acting like Pontius Pilate washing their hands out of the blood of the Righteous.

Only hatred can come out of this. This forum has rules, mods, I'd be the first to criticize them but I also have to accept them.

What have I done that is ban worthy?

Re:

TheGreenMonkey said:
Echoes......

I'll let Echoes speak for himself. But I think your answer lies in this part of his post. " An impopular guy is delivered to "mob justice" and mods acting like Pontius Pilate washing their hands out of the blood of the Righteous." The majority of the forum isn't religious. If it was democratic in nature we would probably be banned for having views out of sync with the norm.