• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Podcasts

What do you listen to?

Any specific episode that you would recommend (that doesn't violate GRAPES)?
Freakonomics and Radiolab. The production and research behind these podcasts is very good so most episodes are interesting. Freakonomics episode 300 about the different languages of the world is one of my favorite. As for Radiolab I'd probably start with the episode called The Alpha Gal.

Sport related: Around the NFL, The Cycling Podcast, Ball don't Lie (in Italian) and Poligono 360 (also in Italian).
I have my own sport podcasts: Radio Bonanza (NFL) and 53x11 (cycling), both in Italian.

The only podcast in English that I subscribe to (and have listened to all episodes of) is Conversations with Tyler. It's fairly wide ranging, though I guess many episodes would fall within GRAPES (P and E).

I have listened to the first two and a half seasons of Revolutions, but the pace and scope of the third season (and the perspective of the podcast as a whole) was a bit too nitty-gritty for me.

Last edited:
Thats it, I will stop listening to Veloropa. I like Elming and Djurhuus, but Plesner is beyond clueless when it comes to cycling despite him doing nothing else than following cycling. I've felt that for years and years, but his tweets manages to be even more stupid than when hes on the podcast. What an incredible bonehead.

• Wow
Reactions: Ilmaestro99