• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Summer vacation 2024

Mar 18, 2024
Visit site
Italy tops my list for my travels next year. Reflecting on my past adventures, Barcelona stands out as a remarkable summer destination that etched unforgettable memories. I even marked the occasion with a small tattoo. @hussysh, may I ask which part of Spain you're considering for your upcoming trip?

Mar 4, 2024
Visit site
I am not sure yet. I have been researching for some time now. Probably Madrid, Seville, the Canary Islands, or Ibiza. I am still trying to figure it out.

Mar 18, 2024
Visit site
I am not sure yet. I have been researching for some time now. Probably Madrid, Seville, the Canary Islands, or Ibiza. I am still trying to figure it out.
It's wonderful to see you considering such a variety of appealing locations for your upcoming trip to Spain. Madrid, Seville, the Canary Islands and Ibiza each have their own distinctive appeal to discover. In Madrid and Seville you can find cultural destinations full of history, art and architecture. The Canary Islands have incredible natural scenes, including beaches and volcanic terrain. Meanwhile, Ibiza is known for its lively atmosphere and nightlife scene. Rather than rushing to choose, I'd recommend spending time learning about what each place has to offer that matches your interests. Bon voyage!

Mar 4, 2024
Visit site
Thanks for the great suggestions! I’m excited to explore the cultural side of Madrid and Seville and the natural beauty of the Canary Islands. Ibiza’s scene is tempting, too. I’ll definitely take my time to see which spots align best with my interests. Btw, do you think getting a guide is a good idea to fully immerse myself in their local customs?

So, you've been to school for a year or two and you know you've seen it all in daddy's car, thinking you'll go far, but back East your type don't crawl. Playing ethnicky jazz to parade your snazz on your five-grand stereo, braggin' that you know how the ******s feel cold and the slums got so much soul? It's time to taste what you most fear - Right Guard will not help you here. Brace yourself, my dear; it's a holiday in Cambodia. It's tough, kid, but it's life. It's a holiday in Cambodia, don't forget to pack a wife.

You're a star-belly sneetch, you suck like a leech, you want everyone to act like you; kiss ass while you ***, so you can get rich, but your boss gets richer off you. Well, you'll work harder with a gun in your back for a bowl of rice a day, slave for soldiers 'til you starve, then your head is skewered on a stake. Now you can go where people are one, and now you can go where they get things done. What you need, my son, is a holiday in Cambodia, where people dress in black; a holiday in Cambodia where you'll kiss ass or crack.

And it's a holiday in Cambodia where you'll do what you're told, a holiday in Cambodia where the slums got so much soul.

Pol Pot.

Mar 18, 2024
Visit site
Thanks for the great suggestions! I’m excited to explore the cultural side of Madrid and Seville and the natural beauty of the Canary Islands. Ibiza’s scene is tempting, too. I’ll definitely take my time to see which spots align best with my interests. Btw, do you think getting a guide is a good idea to fully immerse myself in their local customs?
Choosing to have a guide can elevate your journey by providing historical knowledge about landmarks, deepening your grasp of cultural backgrounds, and unveiling hidden treasures while prioritizing your safety. Guides also aid in communication in places where English might not be prevalent. Yet, if you lean towards a more spontaneous and self-reliant adventure, exploring solo could be the ideal path for you.

Mar 4, 2024
Visit site
So, you've been to school for a year or two and you know you've seen it all in daddy's car, thinking you'll go far, but back East your type don't crawl. Playing ethnicky jazz to parade your snazz on your five-grand stereo, braggin' that you know how the ******s feel cold and the slums got so much soul? It's time to taste what you most fear - Right Guard will not help you here. Brace yourself, my dear; it's a holiday in Cambodia. It's tough, kid, but it's life. It's a holiday in Cambodia, don't forget to pack a wife.

You're a star-belly sneetch, you suck like a leech, you want everyone to act like you; kiss ass while you ***, so you can get rich, but your boss gets richer off you. Well, you'll work harder with a gun in your back for a bowl of rice a day, slave for soldiers 'til you starve, then your head is skewered on a stake. Now you can go where people are one, and now you can go where they get things done. What you need, my son, is a holiday in Cambodia, where people dress in black; a holiday in Cambodia where you'll kiss ass or crack.

And it's a holiday in Cambodia where you'll do what you're told, a holiday in Cambodia where the slums got so much soul.

Pol Pot.
Dang, You've memorised the whole song. It's your favourite, or what?