• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 544 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Does he really?
Last year Pogacar had 4 WT one-day races won
Van der Poel had 2 (plus WC).
This year Pogacar has 2 (out of 3 races)
Van Del Poel has 3 (out of 6 races)

And that's despite VDP specifically targeting these races. The only race that Pogacar can't realistically win is Paris-Roubaix.
Yes he really does.
Van Der Poel has 7 big wins vs Pogacar's 6
Van Der Poel has 22 one-day wins vs Pogacar's 14

I am curious to see if Pogacar can repeat in Flanders what he did last year. He probably can, it looked quite easy, but part of me hopes that a Van der Poel who marks only him and saves all his energy to follow Pogacar on this one hill, can follow him next time.

I am curious to see if Pogacar can repeat in Flanders what he did last year. He probably can, it looked quite easy, but part of me hopes that a Van der Poel who marks only him and saves all his energy to follow Pogacar on this one hill, can follow him next time.
Pogacar dropped MVP 2 times in the race. The first time he was caught by MVP, WVA and Laporte. Next year, racing against UAE will be tough because their team will be very strong with riders like Veermesch, Polits, Morgado, Wellens and Bjerg

Reactions: AmRacer
Pogacar totall dominance like Geraint Thomas said too theres just some few ppl who dont like when ppl dominate which is normal i guess and rather wanne support underdogs thats normal for some.

I myself appriciate greatness above all and its never been a cyclist of this caliber before in most of the ppls lifetime here i think and doubt there will too so just a nice time/lucky to watch cycling for most at this time it truly are something else.