• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2024 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Page 66 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Was mentioned earlier but here a quick first version of the polka dot:

Points are given weekly to those that had the largest increase in ranks. Points are the same as for the green jersey but method for awarding points are on difference in ranks rather than weekly points. Just for fun and entertainment!

Reactions: EvansIsTheBest
Giro
The worst thing you can have from a CQ perspective (outside of injury or illness of course) is a rider waste 21 race days doing a GT with no shot at real points. Fortunately most of riders here fall either in the GC hopeful (Uijtdebroeks, Tiberi, Arensman, Martinez and Quintana) or sprinter categories (Girmay and Lamperti) with only Sheffield falling into the dreaded Magnus Sheffield category.
UIJTDEBROEKS Cian
SHEFFIELD Magnus
GIRMAY HAILU Biniam
TIBERI Antonio
ARENSMAN Thymen
MARTINEZ POVEDA Daniel Felipe
LAMPERTI Luke
QUINTANA ROJAS Nairo Alexander
Already down to just Tiberi, Uijtedebroeks and Martinez for a decent GC.

Already down to just Tiberi, Uijtedebroeks and Martinez for a decent GC.
The only other realistic GC top 10 for you was Arensman, anyway.

In general, fighting for the stage win on some breakaway stages and maybe getting a bit of mountain points is quickly worth more CQ points than a lowly top 10 on GC. And the former can lead to the latter. So for me, I'm not too worried about Plapp, Quintana and Piganzoli losing time. It's probably only Arensman who won't be able to do a lot of brekaway stuff and could have benefited (CQ wise) from staying in the GC.

Update #16: Leadbelly belly laughs at the lack of competition

As always, Tro Bro Leon marks one the highlights of the season while some second tier race gets underway in Italy.

This Week's Top Scorers

Rank
Team
Points this week
1​
468​
2​
443​
3​
433​
4​
409​
5​
328​
5​
328​

Leadbelly tops the charts with star performances from De Lie and Sheehan. Albanese, Gachinard and Berasategi round out the scoring for their team. Googolplex combines Pogacar (Pogacar-ing his way through the Giro) with Cosnefroy (Hischi-ing his way through the .Pro and .1 calendar) for second place. DJ Sprtsch deserves a special shout out as their unique pick Narvaez put in a stellar effort in the first stage of the Giro. Other unique picks on their team like Vermaerke and Söderqvist also contributed.

Manafana is fourth with the De Lie/Sheehan combo as well. Josedin takes advantage of CQ including monday's Giro stage (and therefore Merlier's win) to tie for fifth with Amethyst (Pogacar, Hoelgaard and Nerurkar were rare picks that paid off this week).

This Week's High Movers

Rank
Team
Up/down
1​
(+8)​
2​
(+8)​
3​
(+7)​
4​
(+7)​
5​
(+6)​

Three of the week's highest scorers are joined by two Cosnefroy teams to make up the high movers this time around.

Green Jersey Competition

Rank​
Team​
Total​
1​
180​
2​
178​
3​
139​
4​
120​
5​
119​

Shalgo grabs an extra 14 points to close the gap to Jakob almost entirely. However, Googolplex nabs 35 points to rise to third and with Pogacar, could stack a bunch more points in the next couple weeks.

Top 10 Overall

Rank
Team
7889​
2​
6956​
3​
6851​
4​
6844​
5​
6672​
6​
6571​
7​
6555​
8​
6478​
9​
6398​
10​
6323​
10​
6323​

Shalgo outscores everyobdy in the top 20 to stretch the lead back out to nearly a thousand points. For perspective Devil's Elbow in 20th is closer to skidmark in second place than skidmark to shalgo. Trackstand moves into the top 10 but nobody leaves because Anderis and repre tie for 10th.

spreadsheet link

Wonderful week.

Copied the above post from the Giro game. I don't know if that one can affect the main game, but just wanted to mention that the "points change since Sunday" column does not update.

I'll have a look tomorrow!

Pro tip: Ensure your car doesn't get stolen. You get swamped by paper work, the feeling of 'wtf' when your car is not where you parked it the night prior and wondering why the bastards picked yours instead of the dozen others !

Wonderful week.

Copied the above post from the Giro game. I don't know if that one can affect the main game, but just wanted to mention that the "points change since Sunday" column does not update.
Is it still an issue? I see Valgren got 40 points for instance and it does add it to my team (I happened to have him) and seemingly only points I have gotten the last 7 days so easy check. And painful for the game that those are my only 40 points for 7 days!

Have done some small fixes though. Count of teams that had a certain riders was off as it took into account Giro edition as well. Fixed that and made underlying things slightly faster.

Will also keep an eye on the seven days. Something might be off at week change... but easier to fix when there is a clear issue (goes faster)

Jan 20, 2021
Visit site
FYI those that use the website: https://www.savius.at/CQGame/cqgame.php

I've added the Giro game to it (as I also send in a team for that one). In case that caused something to break... let me know! Benefit is that now it should be easier to do other versions easier (although still needs a bit more time to make it properly flexible, did it only quickly now).

BTW - Thank you for your website. I appreciate it
Now - if only someone could make an add on to tell me what races my riders are riding (similar to this): https://wheres-my-vds-team.onrender.com/?team_ds=