• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of the Alps 2024 (April 15 - 19)

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
It seems we are on for another descent to a finish - today's last 5 km
tour-of-the-alps-2024-stage-3-finish-be0716001a.png

The good thing is it's done twice so the guys will get a good idea of the difficulty.

It's not actually a bad move, at least Ineos don't have to go on the front all day now and it's not like he's a scrubber

When was the last time a solo break worked? I remember Dave Zabriskie in 2004 and maybe a Tony Martin one, but might be getting confused with the Vuelta stage where Cancellara dragged him back at the end.

Reactions: Sandisfan
It's not actually a bad move, at least Ineos don't have to go on the front all day now and it's not like he's a scrubber

When was the last time a solo break worked? I remember Dave Zabriskie in 2004 and maybe a Tony Martin one, but might be getting confused with the Vuelta stage where Cancellara dragged him back at the end.
Tony Martin had one in a Tour stage in 2014 where he was up the road with De Marchi all day until he dropped him at ~55k to go. I don‘t know if he‘s had a longer solo.

Reactions: Sandisfan