• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of the Alps 2024 (April 15 - 19)

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
So I guess it INEOS against DecAG2r in the Giro for 2nd ?
Bahrain in that fight too, I think. They have a good team behind Caruso and Tiberi. And I think it can be argued that Tiberi was the strongest rider overall in the Tour of the Alps, so he looks on his way to a bit of a breakthrough.

But my main realization when writing this post is how incredibly weak the Giro field is going to be.

Reactions: xo 1
Bahrain in that fight too, I think. They have a good team behind Caruso and Tiberi. And I think it can be argued that Tiberi was the strongest rider overall in the Tour of the Alps, so he looks on his way to a bit of a breakthrough.

But my main realization when writing this post is how incredibly weak the Giro field is going to be.
If Thomas has the same level as last year or even 2022 Tour, he will sleepwalk to 2nd, about a decade behind Pogacar.

em no ...Juan predo Lopez was strongest but yes Bahrain could be strong in Giro

But what about Nairoman

• Love
Reactions: Sandisfan
Regarding Pellizzari: back in February he told me he would mainly ride with the pros this year having the Giro as his main goal. Didn't sound like he was gonna ride l'Avenir afterwards.

Season is going according to plan, he wanted to be visible and prove his level here in TotA after last year's descent nightmare. I believe he has a good chance of winning a stage in the Giro if he stays healthy and gets in the right break.

Some takeaways from this race:

JP Lopez showing real consistency this week, he is looking good for a Giro stage win on a mountain stage, top10 overall and KOM jersey.

Tiberi once again with a good result in a GC stage race, wouldn’t be surprised if he finishes the Giro in the top5.

Ineos disappointing after the promising start from Foss but it doesn't mean much for the Giro because the route is easier there.

Last edited:
Some takeaways from this race:

JP Lopez showing real consistency this week, he is looking good for a Giro stage win on a mountain stage, top10 overall and KOM jersey.

Tiberi once again with a good result in a GC stage race, wouldn’t be surprised if he finishes the Giro in the top5.

Ineos disappointing after the promising start from Foss but it doesn't mean much for the Giro because the route is easier there.
Is Foss expected to be a GC rider there?

• Wow