• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

“Alberto could not just be stronger, but could be a lot stronger" - Lance Armstrong

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Yes, the guy is a mental wreck who suffers severely from multiple personality disorder. That's also the reason he merits so many posts.

You know, it could be true that Armstrong could beat everyone in the Tour except for Contador. If that's the case, then the two statements are quite consistent, since Contador was not in the Tour last year. That is, without Contador and Armstong, this year's Tour would also be a joke.

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
Ninety5rpm said:
You know, it could be true that Armstrong could beat everyone in the Tour except for Contador. If that's the case, then the two statements are quite consistent, since Contador was not in the Tour last year. That is, without Contador and Armstong, this year's Tour would also be a joke.

I agree . . . .

If forced to bet today my life's fortune on the 1st and 2nd place finishers in this years tour . . . I would bet Contador = 1st, Armstrong = 2nd (toss up between Menchov, Schleck, and Leipheimer for 3rd).

But tactics, bonking, crashes, etc. will most likely produce an entirely different result. Which is why this years Tour will be the most interesting since I began watching 10 years ago.

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
Here's a thought. If you aren't from America, stop talking. Your opinion doesn't matter.

Second, you have to be an idiot to think Armstrong is going to NOT ride as a team. You know he would love to win, but:

1) He's smarter than you

2) He's also smarter than you.

3) He's way smarter than Bala Verde.

He will be able to determine very quickly where his performance level is and he'll be very quick to start riding in a way that ensures a team win, even if it means riding for Contador.

And Bala Verde, How is Armstrong a "mental wreck"? He's only one of the coolest, most suave, and intelligent racers ever to grace the sport of cycling.

Maybe that's why all you foreigners hate America. We're just too cool.

What are you... spanish? Why don't you keep your mouth closed unless I tell you to speak.

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
fpcyclingn said:
Here's a thought. If you aren't from America, stop talking. Your opinion doesn't matter.

Second, you have to be an idiot to think Armstrong is going to NOT ride as a team. You know he would love to win, but:

1) He's smarter than you

He will be able to determine very quickly where his performance level is and he'll be very quick to start riding in a way that ensures a team win, even if it means riding for Contador.

And Bala Verde, How is Armstrong a "mental wreck"? He's only one of the coolest, most suave, and intelligent racers ever to grace the sport of cycling.

What are you... spanish? Why don't you keep your mouth closed unless I tell you to speak.

As much as I am an Armstrong fan . . . I don't agree with a d@mn thing here. Sheesh! . . . and you all (TTF, BroDeal, Bala Verde, et all) that "I" was a fanboy . . . .

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
fpcyclingn said:

1) He's smarter than you

I agree that Armstrong is an intelligent rider but why do you need to be a **** about it?

fpcyclingn said:

1) He's smarter than you

I must appologize for my inbred countryman. There are tribes of toothless knuckle-draggers such as this specimen you see before us tucked away in some of the more remote places in my country such as the mountains of West Virginia and the forested wastelands of Upstate New York. It is quite interesting to see that one of these hairless monkeys has learned how to operate a computer however - perhaps they are slightly more intelligent than we coastal dwellers thought.

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
:rolleyes:YES I can hear the duelling banjo's from here in australia! Was the next sentence "squeal like a pig"??
BikeCentric said:
I must appologize for my inbred countryman. There are tribes of toothless knuckle-draggers such as this specimen you see before us tucked away in some of the more remote places in my country such as the mountains of West Virginia and the forested wastelands of Upstate New York. It is quite interesting to see that one of these hairless monkeys has learned how to operate a computer however - perhaps they are slightly more intelligent than we coastal dwellers thought.

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
fpcyclingn said:

1) He's smarter than you

I am ashamed. Please do not judge all Americans by the misplaced rantings of an obviously single digit IQ. Everybody is entitled to free speech but that does not mean anyone has to listen. I am sure any children of his would also be his brothers and sisters.(If you get my drift)

A

Anonymous

krebs303 said:
I am ashamed. Please do not judge all Americans by the misplaced rantings of an obviously single digit IQ. Everybody is entitled to free speech but that does not mean anyone has to listen. I am sure any children of his would also be his brothers and sisters.(If you get my drift)

Actually the first amendment only prohibits the government from impinging free speech.

The keepers of this forum can delete anything they see fit.

fpcyclingn said:
If you aren't from America, stop talking.

No wonder why people around the world get annoyed by Americans like that imbecile.......

TRENDING THREADS