• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

13/05 - 19/05: Tour of California

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
MuskyOurSaviour said:
burning said:
Bavarianrider said:
Bernal is the best 21 year old since Hinault and Lemond.

Lol?

http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/rider_palm.asp?riderid=12193&year=2011&all=1&current=0

If he didn't crash out of 2nd in Cataluyna and goes to Vuelta as leader he could easily beat that. At least score wise.

Winning 3 stages in a GT+ a zillion wins everywhere> bagging CQ points in low level fields like TDU and here.

He's very talented though, just not on a level that Sagan demonstrated.

Mar 12, 2018
Visit site
burning said:
MuskyOurSaviour said:
burning said:
Bavarianrider said:
Bernal is the best 21 year old since Hinault and Lemond.

Lol?

http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/rider_palm.asp?riderid=12193&year=2011&all=1&current=0

If he didn't crash out of 2nd in Cataluyna and goes to Vuelta as leader he could easily beat that. At least score wise.

Winning 3 stages in a GT+ a zillion wins everywhere> bagging CQ points in low level fields like TDU and here.

He's very talented though, just not on a level that Sagan demonstrated.

Well if he goes to Vuelta as leader you'd imagine he can bag some stage wins. We shall see.

Re:

GuyIncognito said:
It's hilarious to see same the Sagan fans who are guilty of overblown hype, being annoyed at someone else's hype being overblown.

I'm laughing my *** off

Wait, what? I generally don't give a damn about results in the american races when it comes to evaluating a riders talent, and I think that Sagan has done more when he was 21.

Also, Sagan won this damn race a couple years ago, its not like that winning TOC is that big of a deal anyway.

I know this isn't the tour de france but man, winning a mountain stage with an advantage of one and a half minutes against TJVG and Adam Yates with 21 years of age is just amazing. You know, we soon reach the point where I don't care whether he'll peak early or not because if he keeps improving like this, he might already be the best climber in the world next year.

Great stage design and great stage! Well, at least the last hour that I saw. Obviously the organizers were also a bit lucky that Bernal needed to go out and do what he did, but on the other hand, thats what you actually get from placing a medium long, flat TT in your race!

Tao with some great stuff as well. He also speaks spanish doesnt he?

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Great stage design and great stage! Well, at least the last hour that I saw. Obviously the organizers were also a bit lucky that Bernal needed to go out and do what he did, but on the other hand, thats what you actually get from placing a medium long, flat TT in your race!

Tao with some great stuff as well. He also speaks spanish doesnt he?

Wait, I thought TTs are bad for aggressive racing. Well, they are only bad if one guy is the best climber and TTer and has the best team, but you cannot do much in this case anyway.

TRENDING THREADS