• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

1994 The year of Champions?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The 94 guys did great at the WC road race by the way.

Very impressive victory from Mohoric, Ewan in 4th and he put in an attack in the last lap. Kudus was always at the front when it went uphill, same for Herklotz and they both finished in the first group Kudus. And Eiking also finished in the first group, while doing work for Enger.

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Re:

The Hitch said:
Hugo Koblet said:
I think it's just because the older the riders get, the better they get. I mean, 1991 looks a lot better than 1994 as well. As does 1992 etc. That said, 1990 does look quite talented.

Well obviously at that age being older has major advantages so I wasn't making a direct comparison between their current levels.

But 1994 is just dominating the youth ranks and we've seen over the years how that often works out.

1990 is at the top of the world already, miles better than 89, 88, 87,86. For now it really is the year of champions.

Sun cycles or other sorcery? How about Anquetil - Eddy - Badger - ??? line?

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
When I count cq points of all riders and group it by their year of born, there is no show of some abnormal good performance for 1994 year. But 1990 is super strong :D

Blue is yearly cq points, an Red is for this 2015 year. I used cq points update from 29.3.2015.

Attachments

• cq points-by born year.png
    cq points-by born year.png
    25.9 KB · Views: 344
Re:

kiilike said:
When I count cq points of all riders and group it by their year of born, there is no show of some abnormal good performance for 1994 year. But 1990 is super strong :D

Blue is yearly cq points, an Red is for this 2015 year. I used cq points update from 29.3.2015.
How crazy is it that you can literally see Rebellin on this graph :eek: