• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

(2.Ncup) Tour de l'Avenir - 18/08 - 27/08

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

del1962 said:
Looking at profiles they are not exactly flat flat stages
When you see that 90 riders (60%) are at the same time in GC after 5 stages... (And 20 more within 2 minutes of the pack), you just realize that there is no such difficulty.
Not to mention that one sprinter has been top4 in all stages

Re:

Red Rick said:
I wonder why Bernal feels compelled to peak for this ****
Because he got dismantled by (chant his name, he's the savior) David Gaudu last year :p and seeks revenge/redemption.

I'll be looking for Madouas to do something. How will he fare in the mountains?

And there're always a couple of new faces who break through...I'm looking forward to this race.

Re: Re:

Samamba said:
Bye Bye Bicycle said:
3 out of 6 stages did not end in a mass sprint finish, that's a great quota for "flat" stages.

That's cause sprint stages in u23 races are not destined to end in a sprint, certainly when they're riding with 6 man teams.

I said it a week ago and will say it again, the route is horrible.

Since this is the "Tour of the Future", the route should ensure that talented young riders with different characteristics can show their talents. What's the best way to do that? Obviously, 6 flat stages followed by three MTFs. :rolleyes: Who cares about TTers or puncheurs? At least they've got two types of stages :eek:

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

Tank Engine said:
Samamba said:
Bye Bye Bicycle said:
3 out of 6 stages did not end in a mass sprint finish, that's a great quota for "flat" stages.

That's cause sprint stages in u23 races are not destined to end in a sprint, certainly when they're riding with 6 man teams.

I said it a week ago and will say it again, the route is horrible.

Since this is the "Tour of the Future", the route should ensure that talented young riders with different characteristics can show their talents. What's the best way to do that? Obviously, 6 flat stages followed by three MTFs. :rolleyes: Who cares about TTers or puncheurs? At least they've got two types of stages :eek:
Spot on. I don't know who made this route but with zomegnan out of cycling, I'm seeing a dark future for cycling. 2017 giro and 2017 tour were pretty bad designed.

TRENDING THREADS