• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

(2.Ncup) Tour de l'Avenir - 18/08 - 27/08

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Red Rick said:
SafeBet said:
Yeah in 2 years he can probably go for the Double: Tour + Tour de l'Avenir.
WT teams are not allowd in l'Avenir. And it's stupid anyway. l'Avenir is like a 2.2 field at best.
He could theoretically stay with a pro continental team, then he could participate in both. Also, I thought the rules were changed recently to allow WT riders to race it, for example Sebastian Henao raced it two years ago, but has that been reversed then?

Vasilis said:
Red Rick said:
SafeBet said:
WT teams are not allowd in l'Avenir. And it's stupid anyway. l'Avenir is like a 2.2 field at best.
He could theoretically stay with a pro continental team, then he could participate in both. Also, I thought the rules were changed recently to allow WT riders to race it, for example Sebastian Henao raced it two years ago, but has that been reversed then?
No, WT riders are still eligible. It just depends on age, not on professional status. Gaudu was close to confirming his participation this year, who is obviously a WT rider.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site

DNP-Old said:
Vasilis said:
Red Rick said:
SafeBet said:
No, WT riders are still eligible. It just depends on age, not on professional status. Gaudu was close to confirming his participation this year, who is obviously a WT rider.
Yes and Sebastian Henao also rode it after finishing the Giro with Team Sky a few years ago.

Mayomaniac said:
DNP-Old said:
Vasilis said:
Red Rick said:
SafeBet said:
Yes and Sebastian Henao also rode it after finishing the Giro with Team Sky a few years ago.
Schlegel is also here for Czech Republic after riding a Giro, although he is not World Tour with CCC.

DIOhQH4XYAAzd2v.jpg

Still three teammates for Bernal, so the tough talk of the Australians has resulted in nothing.

Re:

DNP-Old said:
DIOhQH4XYAAzd2v.jpg

Still three teammates for Bernal, so the tough talk of the Australians has resulted in nothing.

What though talk?
They said yesterday that Bernal was obviously the strongest and that they were gonna try to put Hamilton on the podium.

Is that pic from today, I don't see knox wearing the polka dot jersey?

Samamba said:
DNP-Old said:
DIOhQH4XYAAzd2v.jpg

What though talk?
They said yesterday that Bernal was obviously the strongest and that they were gonna try to put Hamilton on the podium.

Is that pic from today, I don't see knox wearing the polka dot jersey?
Hamilton himself said that everything was still possible in the GC as long as they could isolate Bernal on Madeleine. The truth is that they likely didn't even try to do so.

Aug 22, 2017
Visit site
Re:

Max Rockatansky said:
I really hope that the race will return to the Pyrenees soon. The last edition without the same TdF, Dauphiné type of stages in the alps was in 2009, when this wasn't an ASO race. 2008 must have been the last race in the Pyrenees.

Problem, it's France 3 Brittany and Auvergne-Rhône Alpes (with Eurosport of course) who pay for TV broadcasting. That's one of the reason why Team Brittany and Auvergne-Rhône Alps were in the race.

Sadly i don't think France 3 Occitanie or Nouvelle Aquitaine would like to pay for that since cycling is less important in that part of the country. There is some fine team in the region like GSC-Blagnac but i don't know if it could be sufficient to make a local team...

TRENDING THREADS