• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2009 Marin Stelvio Ultegra SL

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
I have a friend that could sale me a brand new Marin stlevio carbon bike from this year. Although the price is very low, I'd like to have input from people that own that bike. Would you recommend it to me ? I'm an ex racer who's just started training again althoug i'm not planning on racing again I want something fairly comfortable but yet stiff. I currently ride a 2004 giant tcr alloy. How does it compare ? Thank for your input.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
NRS_Comp1 said:
I have a friend that could sale me a brand new Marin stlevio carbon bike from this year. Although the price is very low, I'd like to have input from people that own that bike. Would you recommend it to me ? I'm an ex racer who's just started training again althoug i'm not planning on racing again I want something fairly comfortable but yet stiff. I currently ride a 2004 giant tcr alloy. How does it compare ? Thank for your input.

Does it fit? Do you like on a long test ride? 'Fairly comfy but stiff' is 100% subjective.

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
Pietro said:
Does it fit? Do you like on a long test ride? 'Fairly comfy but stiff' is 100% subjective.

Well my friend owns a bike shop so I get get whatevetr size so that should not be a problem. I agree that what i'm looking for is quite subjective. I haven't test ridden one because he doesn't have any in stock so that's a problem. But I'm doing between 50-100 km on the weekdays and 100-150 on the weekend so I pile up a lot a km in a week. So that why I want something more compliant that my alloy bike. But I'm 180 pound so I'm not light so I still want something that doesn't flex when I'm climb out of the saddle.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
NRS_Comp1 said:
Well my friend owns a bike shop so I get get whatevetr size so that should not be a problem. I agree that what i'm looking for is quite subjective. I haven't test ridden one because he doesn't have any in stock so that's a problem. But I'm doing between 50-100 km on the weekdays and 100-150 on the weekend so I pile up a lot a km in a week. So that why I want something more compliant that my alloy bike. But I'm 180 pound so I'm not light so I still want something that doesn't flex when I'm climb out of the saddle.

An extended test ride will answer all.

TRENDING THREADS