• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2010 Jerseys Thread

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Agree about the different coloured front/back thing for Sky. Looks like they are trying to avoid doing a Cervelo and changing from black in the summer, but it's not quite right...

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
makes perfect sense.

Black looks sharp/sick on the front, but do you really want to spend 6-8 hours in a black shirt in the sun???

Have done more than one jersey with a white or at least light color on back and dark on front... not to mention black ink tends to bleach to brown in the sun.

Still not a fan. The track kits looked way better.

Old school kits are cool, but not a fan of this one.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
No one's posted the new Astana kit yet. I think it's pretty awful, but I suppose they will stand out in the pack.

ContadorAloneSmall.jpg

Not really a fan of the Team Sky kit. And I'm surprised to say that. The colour scheme has real potential, but the large blue block on black with white lettering just doesn't sit well with me. I don't hate it (it's light years better than Radio Shack), but I don't love it (Cervelo continues to be my favorite, followed by Caisse).

Mar 16, 2009
Visit site
Clemson Cycling said:
That mostly black kit is going to do wonders on the summer days in France.

Agree. I don't understnad the proliferation of black kits in the peloton. The teams aren't making their riders any more comfortable with this attraction to black.

May 12, 2009
Visit site
My team wears primarily black kit, and if the material's right, I don't find it makes that much difference when it comes to the heat. That's just me, though. I love the new team Sky kit. Understated, a bit retro, but I like it. As for the white background, they're all wearing jackets in those photos, so I'll have to wait and see if the jerseys do that too...

May 7, 2009
Visit site
The Sky jersey looks like it might get too hot, but it also looks very nice and uncluttered IMO. Maybe they will do as Cervelo did and have a summer version?

Mar 26, 2009
www.ciclismo-espresso.com
jlederer said:
My team wears primarily black kit, and if the material's right, I don't find it makes that much difference when it comes to the heat. That's just me, though. I love the new team Sky kit. Understated, a bit retro, but I like it. As for the white background, they're all wearing jackets in those photos, so I'll have to wait and see if the jerseys do that too...

I guess yes

1h5.jpg

Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
wow after all the hoopla and anticipation i have to say the new sky kit is well, LAME......the one good design feature is the all white back section , that was a clever design option, but other than that it just looks like a plain off the rack kit you would purchase at the local shop.........i think a broad white stripe under the fronts blue would be a nice addition and adding white central panels with a 4 or 5 cm band at the bottom of the shorts,possibly in blue, would have made it more attractive and still retain the retro feel and clean lines they obviously wanted

A

Anonymous

jlederer said:

I think from the front it is a stunning peice of simplicity.. its going to look amazing from the front with arms aloft..

As for the heat, the white panel on the back is designed to reflect the sun (i believe it is more than just a white cloth panel, but something cleverer - they had mclaren involved remember). It is also great for kids/fans buying the kit etc, to make sure that they are visible on the road.

Hmmmm. Ugh?

lagartija said:
wow after all the hoopla and anticipation i have to say the new sky kit is well, LAME......the one good design feature is the all white back section , that was a clever design option, but other than that it just looks like a plain off the rack kit you would purchase at the local shop.........i think a broad white stripe under the fronts blue would be a nice addition and adding white central panels with a 4 or 5 cm band at the bottom of the shorts,possibly in blue, would have made it more attractive and still retain the retro feel and clean lines they obviously wanted

Yeah, I had hoped for more but can't really find anything to cheer about. As someone else said, it's better than RetirementShack...