• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2010 official Tour de France programme

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully this is in the right place on the forum.
I have just bought the above mag from W.H.Smiths with a copy of Cycling plus. With the mags, came a DVD, which said it had 100 years in the Pyrenees, highlights of the 2009 tour and complete 2010 guide stage by stage.
Has anybody else got this, as my copy has only the Pyrenees part on it :confused: Or am I mistaken ?

Thanks,

D.C.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
"Official" TdF program

I can't help you about your particular problem, but I have received two TdF programs that are really excellent. Every year Velonews publishes a very good Official Guide, and this year they published a great one. They analyze each stage, give a very good elevation profile, and give their favorites for victory. Then they analyze each team's strenghts and weaknesses and its chances of winning overall, categories, or stages. Plus Velonews has Bernard Hinault give a fairly impartial analysis of the team's possibilities for victory. They fill up the remainder of the pages with interviews, features, and background geared to all segments of audience.

Cycle Sport Americaalso published a very decently produced "Essential Guide" to the Tour in which they too discuss and analyze each stage and each team. They too then fill up the 188 pages with background, etc. The difference between these two very good publications is the tone. Because Cycle Sportperceives their audience as hard-core bike-racing fans, they feel free to indulge their sense of humor and fill the guide (and the monthly publication as well) with satirical "insider" references which, though they don't add any information, greatly add to the entertainment value of the rag: For example, when reviewing the Quick Step team, they allude to Boonen's fondness for fast sprints, fast cars, and fast women. Ah, yeah.

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
2010 offical programme

I ordered my Programme on line. I also recieved the programme plus maps, prints and the DVD, which does indeed state it includes "Highlights of the 09 tour and a stage by stage guide". Basically, like yours it didn't. It only had the 100 years in the Pyrenees.

I contacted Future Publishing and I kid you not, this was their reply.

Thank you for your recent email.

You can see the contact that should have been on the disc here.

If there is anything else that I can help you with please don’t hesitate to contact me.

For and on behalf of Future Publishing

Elaine Thompson
Email Customer Services

Customer services, ha !

A

Anonymous

allstar56 said:
I ordered my Programme on line. I also recieved the programme plus maps, prints and the DVD, which does indeed state it includes "Highlights of the 09 tour and a stage by stage guide". Basically, like yours it didn't. It only had the 100 years in the Pyrenees.

I contacted Future Publishing and I kid you not, this was their reply.

Thank you for your recent email.

You can see the contact that should have been on the disc here.

If there is anything else that I can help you with please don’t hesitate to contact me.

For and on behalf of Future Publishing

Elaine Thompson
Email Customer Services

Customer services, ha !

thats the 2009 highlights.. wheres the stage by stage guide..****ers