• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2010 Volta Ciclista a Catalunya

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Taaramae bridged to Voigt on the descent, and they now have 20 seconds on the bunch with just 4km to go, they might just make it if they don't start playing games.

Etapa 4:
1. Jens Voigt (Saxo Bank) 4:43:28
2. Rein Taaramae (Cofidis) m.t.
3. Paul Voss (Milram) a 34
4. Michel Kreder (Garmin-Transitions) m.t.
5. Marco Marzano (Lampre) m.t.

General:
1. Joaquim Rodríguez (Katusha) 13:48:14
2. Xavier Tondo (Cervélo) a 10
3. Rein Taaramae (Cofidis) a 46

I am very happy.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Well done Voigt. The old beats the young...

Kreder and Voss again good. Kreder 3x top 5...

Good job by him indeed.

Although your nationalistic fervour must be reaching a fever pitch. I imagine youre singing the Wilhelmus and fuming like Jan van Speijk right now... Be sure to steer clear of any Germans or Belgians to avoid doing anything stupid :p:p:p

theyoungest said:
:confused: You can hardly see their faces?

That's just it. Jensie is riding so hard the youngsters are literally ceasing to exist. That's why they're so faded looking.

It's a very good wins by Voigt of course, and he is a great rider... But it's not like he is some all-powerful cycling God or something.

He's a demi-God at best ;)

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Great Ride by the Estonian Up and coming cycling star :p

If any of you cycling buffs is interested Taaramäe gave an interview after the race to a local radio here. ill do a short sum up of what he said.

He didn't feel really comfortable going into the stage today because yesterday he was actually dropped from the peloton on the final climb but he managed to get back in on the decent. Also says that he has become more braver on the descents. he also analyzed yesterdays race and it became apparent that he didn't drink enough fluids and because of that lost some strenght. Today the feeling wasn't great at the start, but as the stage went on he started feeling a lot better. On the last climb he says he was feeling great and was looking around if it was easy only for him or others aswell. So when he put the hammer down on the final climb Kreuziger immediately followed him big Jens was ahead already by that time. Kreuziger and Taaramäe catched Jens before the end of the climb. On the Decent Taaramäe says he put the hammer down again and actually got away from both Jens and Kreuziger. Further down the road he says he thought that 20km to go it would be really hard alone so he waited for Jens to get back to him so they could work together. Kreuziger had fallen off of Jens by that time aswell. So after Jens and Taaramäe got together he says about 10km they put the hammer down working well together. Also Taaramäe says some really nice words about Jens that he is a really hard worker and if it had been anyone else he thought the peloton might have caught up. So about 10km from the end there was a decent amount of time between the leading 2 and the peloton Taaramäe says that at that point he told Jens that Lets go flat out untill the end and he will let Jens get the stage and he would take the GC(Although he thought that he probably wouldn't have won anyways against Jens in a sprint but u never know). He also says that 2 hard stages to come and says that he would like to hold on to the podium or maybe even move up. Also said that the team did a good job and were really happy about the result.

Source: http://vikerraadio.err.ee/helid?main_id=2826426

Hope you enjoy it :D

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Jens Voigt, LOL

"Actually, Jens was dropped early on the stage but made it back to the group, and right away he said to me that he wanted to go. And so he did – with big success. The other riders were trying hard to keep up with him but he simply dropped them one by one”, said sports director, Kim Andersen after the nerve-wrecking finale.

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
I like the progress Taaramae is making. He impressed me at last year's vuelta. I see him possibly winning the vuelta one day.

Yes, he impressed me too in the climb to Xorret de Catí last year :D

Still lots of things to learn, but he showed in Tour the l'Ain that he has the potential to win some serious stage races.

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
I like the progress Taaramae is making. He impressed me at last year's vuelta. I see him possibly winning the vuelta one day.

Indeed, from the big Tours he is riding TdF and Vuelta, really looking forward to seeing how he will cope, when all the big boys are there :D

icefire said:
Yes, he impressed me too in the climb to Xorret de Catí last year :D

Still lots of things to learn, but he showed in Tour the l'Ain that he has the potential to win some serious stage races.

Oefff.... That still hurts when I remember it. Rarely do you see such a painful struggle with ones-self.

But he's got major grit and rides aggresively, so I'm also really looking forward to seeing him in the future.

With just over 100 km to go, Malacarne (Quick Step), Ramírez (Andalucía-CajaSur), De Lis (Euskaltel-Euskadi) & Veloso (Xacobeo Galicia) have about 10 minutes.

14:49 Kilometer 75. The advantage does not stop growing. It completes reference: 9:50. They have practically escaped of exit.