• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2011-2012 UCI Calendar

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Buffalo Soldier said:
There used to be plans for a world cup stage in the US, what's happened with that?

Iirc, the plan is still to try and get a race to the USA. It seemed to be that the race would have to be the first in the series given the travelling involved and there seemed to be a consensus building around Cross Vegas given that all the industry bods seemed to be there anyway. Another problem is that the UCI would have to drop one of the European races to comply with their maximum 8 races per series rule and that this would cause a certain amount of political upheaval over in Aigle. Having said that, they'll probably just change the rule to suit themselves :mad: That would make them even more popular with Adam Myerson and DirtyWorks :D

New cross in Ghent on October 29th:

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/article/detail.aspx?articleid=DMF20110203_118&subsection=132

"Cyclocross is very popular in Belgium and is the sport of the people above all else"

"The former ski hill, the water and the beach ... We have everything to draw a unique course and the park is easily accessible and well equipped to host the numerous fans."

"After the Six-Days of Ghent and the Omloop Het Volk, the last remaining piece of the puzzle is added."

Anyone knows the setting? If it's humid and sandy, it seems great, doesn't it?

Echoes said:
New cross in Ghent on October 29th:

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/article/detail.aspx?articleid=DMF20110203_118&subsection=132

"Cyclocross is very popular in Belgium and is the sport of the people above all else"

"The former ski hill, the water and the beach ... We have everything to draw a unique course and the park is easily accessible and well equipped to host the numerous fans."

"After the Six-Days of Ghent and the Omloop Het Volk, the last remaining piece of the puzzle is added."

Anyone knows the setting? If it's humid and sandy, it seems great, doesn't it?

It has all the elements for a great course. It appears the same promoter does the Zolder World Cup. What's the UCI designation going to be? I couldn't figure it out. It would seem to me the UCI's current 'quality not quantity' doublespeak will mean another great race will lose its World Cup designation.

I don't think it will get any designation. I heard during the the coverage of the Ronse cross this season that new crosses could no longer get any, for their first editions. It's weird because Namur was directly a GvA cross.