• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2011 Signing Suggestions

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Oh, what about Breschel, wasn't there said to be some possibility of him leaving Saxo Bank? He'd be a genuine threat, someone who QST could use tactically.

tgsgirl said:
Good call! Breschel and Boonen, that'd be a superb duo.
If Breschel wants to get away from Saxo Bank, I'm sure he'd like to be the sole leader in the classics, which he is good enough to be. In my opinion, Boonen and Breschel are too much the same kind of rider to be on the same team. The Cancellara- Breschel combo is better given that it's one pure attacker and one "sprinter", who potentially could just sit on and save energy until Cancellara is caught (like that would happen!)

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
maltiv said:
If Breschel wants to get away from Saxo Bank, I'm sure he'd like to be the sole leader in the classics, which he is good enough to be

Good point also. I seem to be incapable of independent thought tonight. Must be exhaustion.

until Cancellara is caught

Funny man! :D

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
maltiv said:
If Breschel wants to get away from Saxo Bank, I'm sure he'd like to be the sole leader in the classics, which he is good enough to be. In my opinion, Boonen and Breschel are too much the same kind of rider to be on the same team. The Cancellara- Breschel combo is better given that it's one pure attacker and one "sprinter", who potentially could just sit on and save energy until Cancellara is caught (like that would happen!)

Nick Nuyens/ Boonen? I was thinking Flecha, but presumably he's staying at Sky. Nuyens was coming in for criticism from Michael Boogerd for lack of results, but is in general a reliable rider, right? Although in the link in the OP Boonen mentions help in the sprints

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
That would just feel so weird, having AC on Quickstep.. AC needs to go to Caisse already, wth is taking so long. That way Vino can be captain crazy for the Kazakh team.

sportzchick said:
Please please PLEASE can BMC get some decent climbers!!!!!!

:(

Yeah i think they will...LLoyd(Needs to be alongside old mate Cadel)
Mollema(Would be handy domestique)Rabo to busy looking after Gesink the crasher..
Kreuziger(to be co team leader with Cadel)
As Bmc have already hired a sprinter for next season a few Mountain helpers seems the way to go...