• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2011 Tour de France Team Presentation (Thursday 1545 CET)

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Karl Max said:
Thor is holding the hammer Mjølner, which is the hammer Thor the thunder god use to creat thunder. According to nordic mythology when Thor the thunder god swings the hammer the thunder comes. His team mates is praising Thor the god of thunder. Quite funny I think when you understand the references.

Even without the references it's still funny in a "what the hell is this trainwreck and who the hell greenlighted it?" kind of way.

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Publicus said:
I didn't believe it either until I saw it:

GARMIN-WEB.jpg

that's just so pathetic :p

Karl Max said:
Thor is holding the hammer Mjølner, which is the hammer Thor the thunder god use to creat thunder. According to nordic mythology when Thor the thunder god swings the hammer the thunder comes. His team mates is praising Thor the god of thunder. Quite funny I think when you understand the references.
Yes we know our Marvel stuff.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
That was so incredibly bad...so just what is it that distinguishes us from american wrestling as a sport? That was friggin embarassing...aimed at 12 year boys...and not in a GOOD way...the eurovision song show comes off better and more respectable...seriously, as a cycling fan, that was the worst thing I have ever seen presentation wise...who gave this the greenlight? they should be fired right away...and if I were on garmin and on my knees and had any talent I would be calling my agent to get me the h#ll out of my contract...my god...I can't even put it into words without going all freaky here...leave the lotion by the data stack please and go...just leave and don't call again...I mean it...

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
wow, alongside the re-redesign of the Garmin jerseys to use Arygle, this might be the *only* decent thing JV has done f0r the world of cycling (or even his team) this year! Flashy over the top shows are always good. Kionda like how awesome the baso/nibbles cooking shoes adverts are amongst my favourite as they are so surreal

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
Even without the references it's still funny in a "what the hell is this trainwreck and who the hell greenlighted it?" kind of way.

From what I can tell, nobody greenlighted it - Garmin made it up themselves after finding a couple of props. (I may be wrong though). It made a change from the standard processions, so I welcome it.

What I want to know is why BMC came in on a truck - that's not very Roman.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Karl Max said:

ok. thank you for that:rolleyes: now-If you don't mind telling me WTF has that anything to do with Pro-cycling & the Tour de France, apart from the name of the hammer's holder, of course.....

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
stunningly gay...and I want to thank garmin ahead of time for all the road rage I will get out on the tarmac from guys in ford f 250's who might have seen that...just WTF!

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
greenedge said:
Poor Contador. Evans looks in top notch and perfect weight ( coinciding with his ESPN Video ) Hated the wig for Thor as well and Gilbert's hair. Bleach it yellow after you wear yellow pls

what video is that?

TRENDING THREADS