• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2011 Tour de Romandie, Tues 26th April - Sun May 1st, 2.WT

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

Profiles as pictures

Prologue - Martigny ITT, 3.50 km

Stage 1 - Martigny - Leysin, 171.00 km

Stage 2 - Romont, 168.00 km

A

Anonymous

Stage 3 - Thierrens - Neuchâtel, 166.00 km

Stage 4 - Aubonne - Signal de Bougny ITT, 20.50 km

Stage 5 - Champagne - Geneve, 164.00 km

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Moondance said:
Wow, this course is lame. Romandie used to be my local race, and it was always great fun to go and see because they´d always have a few good stages.

This course however, is Tony Martin´s wet dream. TT will decide everything.

Saying the TT decides everything is like saying in soccer, that the last win in league brought you the championship. :D

But ok, I of course know what you mean.
I doubt that this stagerace will cause Tony a wet dream. It's just Romandie.
He now has higher targets, next step, and his threshold for having wet dreams should be really high now.

Cobblestoned said:
I doubt that this stagerace will cause Tony a wet dream. It's just Romandie.
He now has higher targets, next step, and his threshold for having wet dreams should be really high now.

I don't know I think week-long stage races are his thing. Unless the next step is top 20 at the Tour and getting a few 2nd places in the TTs there.

The mountain finish on stage 1 is actually a lot harder then i thought it would be. This will provide a real test

8177.gif

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Vino got quite bitter for that mechanical on LBL. And in post race comments promised some field ripping action on Romandie, since they're going with pretty much the same team (Vino, Kreuz, Kiser, Iglinsky Sr, Gasparotto + Tiralongo).

Might be cool.

May 5, 2009
Visit site
Tour de Romandie over.
While I was disappointed with the profile and did expect a lame and not very interesting TdR, I'd say it turned out better than expected. BMC, Astana, HTC almost messed it up on stage 1 by letting the guys go away over 12mins. But this also implied also more thrilling race action in stage 2 and 3 and luckily, they "big ones" could turn it around.
All in all, a better TdR than expected, although still far from the legendary editions for example in the 90's.
But let's face it. Many top riders probably don't wanna go full gas at this time at stages with GT-like profiles. So maybe the organisers have lately switched to such lame race profiles for that reason...

TRENDING THREADS