• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2011 Vuelta a Espana Stage 18: Solares - Noja 174,6 km

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
LaFleur said:
So what was he supposed to do? Sit up and wait for the whole group to pass by?

You actually see this in cross-country skiing. People just standing up and stopping completely if they're in Vandewalle's situation.
Of course the average speed is slower so you lose less distance to the pack for every second you've stopped.

A

Anonymous

Nice to see Gavazzi win, this vuelta has been dissapointing liquigas and lampre wise

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
J-Rod looks pretty happy, all things considered. Like most athletes with wife and children, he seems to have a pretty good perspective on life.

A

Anonymous

Jux1893 said:
Including Sagan with 2 stage wins, being one of them with 4 liquigas in the top 5.

Sagan is not italian, my bad... i should have said italian guys in lampre and liquigas.:)

Broth3r said:
The forum's a bit slow today, no?

a) It's September and some of us now have other things to do.

b) Having got back from classes, I see that it was a pretty standard medium mountain transition stage (as it looked on paper).

At least Montaguti kept the KoM competition alive. Good ride from Sijmens to protect Moncutie's jersey. Nice to see JRod going for the green jersey, though Sagan seems to be out of it after roundaboutgate. The final climb tomorrow looks pretty tough for a Cat. 2, so I hope there are some fireworks tomorrow (no classes :))

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Cobblestoned said:
Great job by Gavazzi, but I must say that it is long ago that I saw a rider riding as stupid as Vandewalle did. :rolleyes: :D

armstrong in 2010?
armstrong in 2009?

i mean.. you have to be that stupid to try to manipulate and go head on against "the most talented guy that ever roded a bike".

maybe you are just talking about the schleks.

Parrulo said:
as you can imagine i was cheering for paulinho. a shame he didn't win but still great job by gavazzi, he rode a very smart race.

ah.. i will never forgive Sergio.
first, he let them take his potential and dreams away.
second, he left contador for armstrong.

having said that, i like him. he is not someone easy to hate like azevedo and (sometimes) marco chagas.

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Yes, he and Damiano Machiavelli have made themselves out to be bigots. See if I said it something like that everyone would be all over me.:rolleyes:

I can't speak for Damiano but i will speak for me.

I knew that you would read it and that's the reason for one or two "bad" jokes -- just to mess with you. This is an Internet forum and it is stupid to say or insinuate that you are "bad" person just because of your fanboyism. Personally, i have 0 against you.

Having said that, both of us admire different riders, aspects and way of admire this sport. You are very passionate about Cadel and anyone can understand it. One could argue that you should measure your thoughts and opinions better but i won't, since this is just a forum and who am to say it? I come here for the news and almost never take the forum seriously.

Anyway, there's a feeling of friendship around here that i miss when talking face to face about cycling with my friends. There's room for everyone: the cynical, the passionates, the classics and the fanboys. Every single one is important to make the others important.

Almost any joke around here has ACF in it. you know why? you became a friend around here. you are a part of this site.

May 23, 2011
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Yes, he and Damiano Machiavelli have made themselves out to be bigots. See if I said it something like that everyone would be all over me.:rolleyes:

Who knew that ACF is Uncle Leo? I thought he was younger than that.

Uncle Leo: Look at this, I told them medium rare, it's medium.

Jerry: Hey, it happens.

Uncle Leo: I bet that cook is an anti-Semite.

Jerry: He has no idea who you are.

Uncle Leo: They don't just overcook a hamburger, Jerry.

Jerry: All right. Anyway, the point I was making before Goerbbles made your
hamburger is...

---

Jerry: Course my family's nuts; they're crazy. Yep. My uncle Leo, I had lunch

with him the other day, he's one of these guys that anything goes wrong in life,

he blames it on anti-Semitism. You know what I mean, the spaghetti's not al dente?

Cook's an anti-Semite. Loses a bet on a horse. Secretariat? Anti-Semitic. Doesn't

get a good seat at the temple. Rabbi? Anti-Semite.

TRENDING THREADS