• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Coppa Sabatini (10/4, 1.1, ITA)

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The Hitch said:
Boyaca is colder and can be pretty grim during the rainy season. Carrara trains in Antioquia, on a different mountain range.

Not necessarily during December through February- but even if the weather changes, they can easily go nearby to Cundinamarca or Santander-which is a hidden jewel for cycling due to terrain, some cluel climbs above 4000 meters & weather conditions ( Serpa's home & training camp during the off season)

Richie Porte is apparently so exhausted he only managed 20 km's today before he was dropped by the peloton and quit the race. Yet he has to race Emilia and Beghelli as well, because Sky doesn't have anyone left (who's not on holiday/China) to replace him.

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
again you are clueless. the reason they didn't do it yet is because they are racing until now. corti is going to colombia next week to get all the bank guarantees. I know you are representative of 472. but stop spreading lies just because you are frustrated your team ammounts to nothing except saldarriaga, who is great trainer.

Ryo, I don't know what in the world are you talking about . Then again, that happens to me almost every single time you post, so nothing new here. It isn't as if the team management couldn't produce the documents in the previous months. A deadline is a deadline, even if the UCI normally extends it (because of irresponsible teams, by the way). Specially since the team already knew the problems they got with the bank guarantees last year.

About 4-72 Colombia, what the heck? Representative? And spreading lies in a forum? What for? Take off your tin foil hat, Ryo.

maltiv said:
Richie Porte is apparently so exhausted he only managed 20 km's today before he was dropped by the peloton and quit the race. Yet he has to race Emilia and Beghelli as well, because Sky doesn't have anyone left (who's not on holiday/China) to replace him.

I already didnt understand they were making him race, he has been going on it for way to long, they should have seen this comming and give the guy who did 2 GTs + a lot of other races a break instead of someone else.

Ruudz0r said:
I already didnt understand they were making him race, he has been going on it for way to long, they should have seen this comming and give the guy who did 2 GTs + a lot of other races a break instead of someone else.
Sky really have noone left. They will start Paris-Tours with 5 riders, of which Geraint Thomas and Davide Appollonio retired early in Paris-Bourges. They should've hired 1 or 2 extra stagiaires. Davide Martinelli race quite some races.