• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Giro d'Italia wildcards:Who would you like to see?

Which teams would you invite at the next Giro d'Italia edition?

• Christina Watches

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It makes me really sad to think that teams like Greenedge get automatic invites for this whereas Colnago or Coledeportes for whom this is the main event, will not be allowed.

I guess maybe we wont see team schleck have such a bad team like last year since Machado or something will go, Sky will have Cav and Garmin CVV and Farrar, so the other WT teams won't be as bad.

Rabo may be a let down though. Who else, BMC? Despite being a super team do they have anyone for the Giro besides Tchopp?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Project it4i
Colombia Coldeportes
Farnese Vini
Androni Giocattoli

I have a feeling that one or two of my first two options won't be selected.

The Hitch, I imagine BMC's team for the Giro will be
Ballan
Santambrogio
Santamorita
Pinotti
Tschopp
Blythe
Kohler
Wyss
Lodewyck

I certainly would be taking such a team considering the riders and the strong Italian influence.

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I don't share the excitement about Coldeportes, i my opinion Colnago doesn't deserve a spot while 1t4i would be better for Vuelta.

So apart from obvious Androni, Acqua Sapone and Farnese Vini i'd like to see TT1 led by Efimkin bros, El Fares, Bertogliati, Kocjan, Reijnen, Bodrogi, Antomarchi and one of Colli, Cousin or perhaps Laengen if he'd be ready for 3 weeks.

Voted for Androni, Farnese, Coldeportes and Christina Watches.

Allthough I don't seriously expect Christina Watches in the Tour, but it would be fun to see Rasmussen in the Giro.

All 4 italian teams would be fine as well as they will ride hard in the Giro which is good. I prefer to see the Colombians instead of 1 Italian team though.

The Hitch said:
It makes me really sad to think that teams like Greenedge get automatic invites for this whereas Colnago or Coledeportes for whom this is the main event, will not be allowed.
Greenedge could conceivably win a few sprint stages plus the team time trial, I don't see the problem.

I guess maybe we wont see team schleck have such a bad team like last year since Machado or something will go
Well, yes, but Machado was there this year as well...

Sky will have Cav and Garmin CVV and Farrar, so the other WT teams won't be as bad.
Because CVV will do what? Crash on the second stage from Børebrø to Føckøff?

Rabo may be a let down though. Who else, BMC? Despite being a super team do they have anyone for the Giro besides Tchopp?
Ballan and Pinotti.

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
colnago, acqua, colombia and androni

colnago could be changed by farnese I don;t care too much

Shame on you!
Colnago should definately be there, even though the lasts years weren't their best at Il Giro.
Yet they're always involved in the race, whether it be sprints, attacking or the GC.

Still, the Italians teams should all go (well, except Utensilnord). It is their race after all, so I'll drop Coldeportes, even though they would be an assett to the race.

There is no chance a fifth team will be allowed?

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Reuell said:
Shame on you!
Colnago should definately be there, even though the lasts years weren't their best at Il Giro.
Yet they're always involved in the race, whether it be sprints, attacking or the GC.

Still, the Italians teams should all go (well, except Utensilnord). It is their race after all, so I'll drop Coldeportes, even though they would be an assett to the race.

There is no chance a fifth team will be allowed?

the only reason they shiuld be in is pozzovivo. the rest of the team sucks for many years now. however pozzovivo always has something that makes him suck in the giro

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Colnago aren't half the team they used to be, agreed.

I'm sure there's a joke in there about the "green dwarfs" quote (CSF 2008) but I'm not witty enough to see it. ;)

TRENDING THREADS