• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Giro d'Italia wildcards:Who would you like to see?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Which teams would you invite at the next Giro d'Italia edition?

• Christina Watches

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
gooner said:
I went with androni, farnese-vini, colnago and acqua.

Have to have farnese-vini coz of visconti and his attacking riding. As well i am fascinated to see how guardini does. I wondering if he could have a kittel type season.

Acqua sapone will always get an invite specifically coz of garzelli"s presence. The only downside to them is their decision to sign di luca who i think is a rider who should count his lucky stars that he is left back into the sport at all.

Visconti has left Farnese for 2012.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Reuell said:
same can be said for Rujano and he did fairly well last year, ánd you expect him to be better in 2012

rujano hadn't raced the giro in 3 years. pozzovivo every year save in 2009 I think and rujano should not be compared to pozzovivo in anything. rujano is 3 levels above in talent

gooner said:
I went with androni, farnese-vini, colnago and acqua.

Have to have farnese-vini coz of visconti and his attacking riding. As well i am fascinated to see how guardini does. I wondering if he could have a kittel type season.

Acqua sapone will always get an invite specifically coz of garzelli"s presence. The only downside to them is their decision to sign di luca who i think is a rider who should count his lucky stars that he is left back into the sport at all.

Isn't Visconti on Movistar (Giovanni the current Italian National RR Champ)?

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
roundabout said:
Why?

Because he had a partner as strong and as dumb as Zaugg when he won Emillia?

betancourt was simply the best rider that race. he lost barely any time in final climb to favorites despite a long attack in which both ride worked. not just zaugg

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Kwibus said:
Didn't he sign with Liquigas? Or were that just rumours?

no I've said zillion times that the transfer didn't go through. despite nobody willing to believe it. he stays at acqua and that's the best forhim

theyoungest said:
Well, yes, but Machado was there this year as well...

I was thinking more of the Leopard side of the team who in last years Giro had no leader

edit: oh yeah, and Saxo shouldnt be there. A 22 year old possible future star the raison d'etre for their being there. Nah, not good enough. Colnago instead please.

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
rujano hadn't raced the giro in 3 years. pozzovivo every year save in 2009 I think and rujano should not be compared to pozzovivo in anything. rujano is 3 levels above in talent

I was comparing Domenico with Rujano (and Gesink) for the bad luck, bad run in morale, injuries or other reasons they haven't been performing their top in the last years. Not their potential.

Rujano is back in the running, so could Pozzovivo

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
he can prove himself in san luis against contador

Sh!t, that's a coup for the Tour de San Luis to have the first matchup between those two since the 2007 Tour.

Actually it'll be totally pointless, but good for publicity.

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
he can prove himself in san luis against contador

Too early in the season. Rasmussen doesn't stand a chance against Contador now anyways.

I'll be pulling for Di Luca in the Giro. I think he's got something left

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
why too early? who says contador is in better shape than rasmussen. rasmussen is probably in better shape knowing this is already his big race of the year

ferryman said:
Aye, likely he will, given that Contador will not be remotely in shape for this.

I can't recall the last time that Contador showed up at a race in less than competitive condition. Even in that Criterium International where he was dropped on the only major climb of the event (due to his allergies?) he still came back and finished well in the ITT. I know I keep singing the same song but.....he ain't Andy!:D

Mar 26, 2009
www.ciclismo-espresso.com
I was chatting today with a chinese cycling friend about the chance that Champion System might get invited to Giro and after sending a text by chinese twitter to ChampSys he got a reply saying they already got an invite. :confused: