• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Grand Prix de Wallonie (1.1) 12th September

carte-2012.jpg

12091111710-hoehenprofil-grand-prix-de-wallonie-2012.jpg

Gilbert isn't here to defend his title, but there are plenty of others to look out for - Boonen, Freire, GVA, Leukemans, Paolini, Simon, Pinot, Hoogerland, Bakelants, etc.

Full Startlist

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
My pick (but really, my wish) is for Boonen to win this, and then go to the Worlds and win, making three wins from his last three starts. Which, I think would put him in VERY good standing for the Velo d'Or award.

Then next year, he can focus on winning LBL and the GdL.

Albert Fishwick said:
Good news is that it's live on Eurosport, though I expect that the English commentary will be from Carlton Kirby watching on a monitor in his garden shed again.

Damn, I hope its replayed later as I forgot to record it!

Some decent names there on the starting list FDJ with a good strong team. Although, Boonen for me.

Gets my vote over the forlorn breakaways of the Tour of Brit.
This one live, that one later.
Nice one Namur.
Very fond of the old, GP Wallonie, even if it does signal that the (season) end is nigh.
Hopefully, things will perk up in the ToB, come Friday, if not tomorrow.

Mellow Velo said:
Gets my vote over the forlorn breakaways of the Tour of Brit.
This one live, that one later.
Nice one Namur.
Very fond of the old, GP Wallonie, even if it does signal that the (season) end is nigh.
Hopefully, things will perk up in the ToB, come Friday, if not tomorrow.

Agreed.

*Sigh* well, we do have the CX season kicking off and I have a Koppenbergcross trip planned so thats not bad :)

Looking forward to Lombardia, just hope Europsport show it in full rather than 25 poxy minutes like they did last year!

Fidolix

BANNED
Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
MartinGT said:
Agreed.

*Sigh* well, we do have the CX season kicking off and I have a Koppenbergcross trip planned so thats not bad :)

Looking forward to Lombardia, just hope Europsport show it in full rather than 25 poxy minutes like they did last year!

Eurosport is showing Lombardi only from 16.00 - 17.15 CET. :(

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
MartinGT said:
Damn, I hope its replayed later as I forgot to record it!

Some decent names there on the starting list FDJ with a good strong team. Although, Boonen for me.

Highlights 9.00PM tonight or 7.00AM tomorrow on ES2. Doesn't seem to be any live action beforehand so for once these times may be reliable.

TRENDING THREADS