• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Montepaschi Strade Bianche

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
LugHugger said:
What??? Ballan couldn't fight his way out of a paper bag, He'll never win a classic/semi classic race against any kind of half decent group like we saw today. He doesn't have the guts or the brains to win without prep.

He clearly did not have the legs to respond to Superman but even so he has won a WC ( admittedly no one wanted to tow Cunego ) but he still won that race with brains.

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
Eshnar said:
A review/teaser that I just made. Hope you enjoy it! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu35LeiNvXw

Grazie mille! I did a bike tour in that area in May. Lovely place, especially great that the race finishes in the piazza del Campo in Siena. We rode some of these roads, not the strada bianche, but we went through Gaiole one day on a loop from Radda. Then we stayed 3 nights in Siena and did loop rides from there. Totally fell in love with Tuscany. Would love to be there for the race although I'm sure the weather is not as nice in March as what we had in May.

Tom T. said:
Grazie mille! I did a bike tour in that area in May. Lovely place, especially great that the race finishes in the piazza del Campo in Siena. We rode some of these roads, not the strada bianche, but we went through Gaiole one day on a loop from Radda. Then we stayed 3 nights in Siena and did loop rides from there. Totally fell in love with Tuscany. Would love to be there for the race although I'm sure the weather is not as nice in March as what we had in May.
usually not, but this year it was sunny with like 28 °C :D

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Let's hope this year organizers won't pull the BS of 2011, when all previous top 3 riders were excluded, because none of them was italian (much help it did for them that year, heh).

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
This race is awesome, it should soon be considered a true classic. It may be hard to make new classics, but Strade is pretty darn good. I would like to see perhaps one for Italian classic, something in the spring in the narrow winding Italian roads with crazy hills and a winding finish.

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
gustienordic said:
This race is awesome, it should soon be considered a true classic. It may be hard to make new classics, but Strade is pretty darn good. I would like to see perhaps one for Italian classic, something in the spring in the narrow winding Italian roads with crazy hills and a winding finish.

This.

It's only not a classic because its new to the pro scene. I think they should give deference to how long L'Eroica has been going on.

In future years it will rival Flanders and PR. In fact I can see a time where they might go back-to-back-to-back. Three consecutive weekends for the hard men.

That would be cool.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts