• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Montepaschi Strade Bianche

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Cult Classics said:
Has this race shifted back to Saturday? Not heard anything about it but I notice the bar at the top of the Gazzetta page has changed from saying 3 March to 2 March.
http://www.gazzetta.it/Speciali/StradeBianche/it/

MSR is updated to Sunday so they have been monitoring it. Nothing about Lazio either way.

Saturday is more sensible really as it won't need to share TV time with Paris-Nice.

Yes, Strade Bianche shifted back to Saturday and Giro Del Lazio will take place Sunday

Cult Classics said:
Has this race shifted back to Saturday? Not heard anything about it but I notice the bar at the top of the Gazzetta page has changed from saying 3 March to 2 March.
http://www.gazzetta.it/Speciali/StradeBianche/it/

MSR is updated to Sunday so they have been monitoring it. Nothing about Lazio either way.

Saturday is more sensible really as it won't need to share TV time with Paris-Nice.
I did mention it yesterday on the speculation thread :p Giro Del lazio to be held on that Sunday

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Eshnar said:
Never been there. How's that like? Tell us :)

Amazing! Everybody with retro bike (made before 1987), old jerseys (I wear "Teka" a 80´s spanish team where raced Lejarreta), really hilly route (some steep sterrato sections almost imposible to ride with old gears) with nusty descents on dirty road.

Plus a good market of retro stuff and good food y nice place.

The best sportive i ever have done.

(sorry for my r....h english)

17 Teams invited for this years edition

http://www.gazzetta.it/StradeBianch...-2nd-with-17-teams-invited-913956818728.shtml

AG2R LA MONDIALE (FRA)

ASTANA PRO TEAM (KAZ)

BLANCO PRO CYCLING TEAM (NED)

BMC RACING TEAM (USA)

CANNONDALE PRO CYCLING (ITA)

GARMIN SHARP (USA)

LAMPRE-MERIDA (ITA)

MOVISTAR TEAM (ESP)

RADIOSHACK LEOPARD (LUX)

TEAM ARGOS-SHIMANO (NED)

VACANSOLEIL-DCM PRO CYCLING TEAM (NED)

ANDRONI GIOCATTOLI (ITA)

BARDIANI VALVOLE - CSF INOX (ITA)

CRELAN - EUPHONY (BEL)

IAM CYCLING (SUI)

KATUSHA (RUS)

VINI FANTINI - SELLE ITALIA (ITA)

the asian said:
17 Teams invited for this years edition

http://www.gazzetta.it/StradeBianch...-2nd-with-17-teams-invited-913956818728.shtml

AG2R LA MONDIALE (FRA)

ASTANA PRO TEAM (KAZ)

BLANCO PRO CYCLING TEAM (NED)

BMC RACING TEAM (USA)

CANNONDALE PRO CYCLING (ITA)

GARMIN SHARP (USA)

LAMPRE-MERIDA (ITA)

MOVISTAR TEAM (ESP)

RADIOSHACK LEOPARD (LUX)

TEAM ARGOS-SHIMANO (NED)

VACANSOLEIL-DCM PRO CYCLING TEAM (NED)

ANDRONI GIOCATTOLI (ITA)

BARDIANI VALVOLE - CSF INOX (ITA)

CRELAN - EUPHONY (BEL)

IAM CYCLING (SUI)

KATUSHA (RUS)

VINI FANTINI - SELLE ITALIA (ITA)

A pity there's no Sky...I would've liked to see EBH and The Tank Engine race... :( Well **** it it'll still be one of the best of 2013 for sure.

Cykelbloggar said:
Very nice to see that Androni-Venezuela wil get the wildcards to Strade Bianche and Giro del LAzio =))

/Fritz

Androni were certain to be invited. They were the winners of the Italian cup last year.

Dazed and Confused said:
I think Argos should throw Degenkolb in there and see what he can do.

IMO it's too hard for Degenkolb. Actually can't think of any Argos rider who could be a factor. Surprise WC selection for me.

Movistar seems to have got the selection mainly because of Visconti.

Good that IAM have been invited, Lofkvist will get a chance.

Also hope that Gilbert and Cancellara will turn up.

search said:
do you know if the race has been upgraded to 1.HC? It's still listed as 1.1 on the website of the uci but they would not be allowed to invite more that 50% pro tour teams if it's 1.1
Like UCI rules count something :p
To tell the truth, I don't know anything about the issue (maybe they do said that), but I doubt they upgraded the race status. RCS don't have much money to spare.

TRENDING THREADS