• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Montepaschi Strade Bianche

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
Neither do I, but he needs to deliver before we can claim we know anything.

look to wc 2008 u23, that duarte won. degenkolb can climb very well, although it has gotten worse at argos. think he also got heavier

the asian said:
Androni were certain to be invited. They were the winners of the Italian cup last year.

IMO it's too hard for Degenkolb. Actually can't think of any Argos rider who could be a factor. Surprise WC selection for me.

Movistar seems to have got the selection mainly because of Visconti.

Good that IAM have been invited, Lofkvist will get a chance.

Also hope that Gilbert and Cancellara will turn up.

I don't think Löfkvist is going to Strade bianche. I think he is doing Paris-Nice. That is pitty since 2009 he was really amazing on the last upphill. And was very close to win 2010. Only lost in the last couple of meters.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
look to wc 2008 u23, that duarte won. degenkolb can climb very well, although it has gotten worse at argos. think he also got heavier

Michael Matthews was a very good climber in the U23 too, does that mean he got heavier? Climbing with the pros is obviously a lot different from espoir racing.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Pentacycle said:
Michael Matthews was a very good climber in the U23 too, does that mean he got heavier? Climbing with the pros is obviously a lot different from espoir racing.

Not even sure what the WC in 2008 has to do with anything. It wasn't a particularly hard edition.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Pentacycle said:

matthews is still a very good climber, although rabo mostly wasted him

Ryo Hazuki said:
matthews is still a very good climber, although rabo mostly wasted him
His form peak was ruined by injury last year, he crashed in Tirreno. In the Brabantse Pijl you could see he still had the climbing legs. But then they didn't bring him to Amstel, might have been worth a try.

But in races like Vattenfall, for instance, he didn't reach the finish in the front peloton. For a 'very good climber', that's not very good.

TRENDING THREADS