• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Montepaschi Strade Bianchi thread

I'm in love with this race- the scenery is absolutely breath taking- i'd dare to say is as equal in beauty as Flanders-but just with Italian flavour :)

I wish we can see a winner apart from Gilbert-I hope Ballan gets this one at last-or somebody else. So looking forward to this race.

Edit: the past editions haven't had live broadcasting-are we getting the same this Year? :(

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
hfer07 said:
I'm in love with this race- the scenery is absolutely breath taking- i'd dare to say is as equal in beauty as Flanders-but just with Italian flavour :)

I wish we can see a winner apart from Gilbert-I hope Ballan gets this one at last-or somebody else. So looking forward to this race.

Edit: the past editions haven't had live broadcasting-are we getting the same this Year? :(

Sport-livez is showing a live feed according to their schedule. Happy day!

Don't think Gilbert has the shape actually, although he doesn't need much shape to win a race like this. Would be funny if BMC remains winless at least.

I think Cancellara will get it, although he'll probably need a gap before the last hill. Either way, I'm really excited for this race. One of the best races of the season and it's live on Norwegian television (but since the organizers decided Sky/EBH didn't deserve an invite it won't get many viewers!).

Oh, and please let there be rain, although it will be awesome nonetheless! :D

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
roundabout said:
It should be live on Eurosport 2.

I had a brief check of the listings, it's such a shame that they've only scheduled one hour of coverage. Surely, this race warrants at least another hour to help set the scene? :confused:

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Are Aqua doing this? If not what the **** are they going to do all season. TA and Lombardy, is that all?

Last year they were even doing Oomlop and E3 Prijs.

maybe we presume too much with strade bianchi. Whilst it no doubt has a great parcours and promises to become a great race, it is still early days. I'm sure the other semi-italian races are of greater importance for a team like Aqua. As much as we fans love this race, I doubt it is as significant for most teams.

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
looking forward to this! it will be my first time following this race. i don think either Gilbert or Evans will have the legs to take this. Cancellara FTW

i think ballan will get this,there still is time for phil to prepare for poggio.

the dark horse and the rider i will cheer for is di luca of course.he looks fit already and ready to attack.he might as well win
2_0100261_1_thumb2.jpg

anyone knows how the weather will be?

The Hitch said:
Cunego ftw.

Theres not much that can surprise me from Sagan but I would be surprised to see him win this.

As for skiing, well at least its not some 10th tier WTA event.

I don't mind watching an ATP tournament when the big guns show up, like dubai, but Eurosport has only got a contract with the WTA, which is why there's such an incredible load of crappy tournaments that are broadcasted.

Besides, Eurosport blows big time, their favourite sport is snooker:mad:

The Hitch said:
Cunego ftw.

Theres not much that can surprise me from Sagan but I would be surprised to see him win this.

As for skiing, well at least its not some 10th tier tennis event.
EBH was 4th here in 2009, so I don't think the climb is too hard for Sagan either. But Sagan didn't exactly impress on Green Mountain so he might not have good climbing form at the moment. He's probably quite good on the dirt though.