• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Post Danmark Rundt (2.HC) 22nd - 26th August

Some big names here; Cav, Greipel, Boonen, Freire... Vandousselaere (Get it? Because he's got a big name... :eek:). Moving on from that terrible joke, it's interesting to note that none of the previous winners are competing this year, so a new champion is guaranteed.

FULL STARTLIST

Stage 1: Randers → Randers (191km)
20120730-0712-94.jpg

Stage 2: Løgstør → Aarhus (211km)
20120730-0717-47.jpg

Stage 3: Silkeborg → Vejle (185km)
20120730-0719-71.jpg

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
manafana said:
betting on this with b365 but not for usa race not sure why, looks like it will all be decided on tt, change for thomas i think.

TT and stage 3 to Vejle. Winner will have to be able to do a bit of small, explosive climbing, so normally the winner is not a pure TT'er.

Also, small roads and wind can sometimes create time differences for other stages.

I hope Kelderman takes this :)

Jul 21, 2010
www.cyclingquotes.com
BoxCoppi said:
TT and stage 3 to Vejle. Winner will have to be able to do a bit of small, explosive climbing, so normally the winner is not a pure TT'er.

Yes, Vejle (with 11.5% Kiddesvej, 450m and a bunch of minor steep bumps) is not too shabby. Looking forward to it.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
maltiv said:
Rogers, Kelderman and Nordhaug are the top contender in my opinion. I guess Westra could be considered as well, but it's been a long time since he's shown any kind of form.

Where was last time Nordhaug showed any kind of form too ?

Rogers is definitely a candidate for the win though.

LoLed at your little joke there! :eek: But you forgot Navardauskas, his name's kinda big too...

I don't really have any ideas of who could win this, honestly I don't care much for predictions anyway.

Planning to go immerse myself in the chaos at the finish of stage 2 (It's gonna be chaos because not only does the race come by, the annual DHL relay is in the same area...)

Gloin22 said:
Where was last time Nordhaug showed any kind of form too ?

Rogers is definitely a candidate for the win though.
The olympics, he easily bridged up to the lead group on box hill and attacked like 8 times in the final.

He's been a little ill since then though so I don't really know about his form.

Top 10
1. André Greipel (Tys-Ltb) 4:55.06 t.
2. Alexander Kristoff (Nor-Kat) s.t.
3. Theo Bos (Ned-Rab) s.t.
4. Luke Rowe (Gbr-Sky) s.t.
5. Stefan Schumacher (Tys-Cwo) s.t.
6. Matteo Pelucchi (Ita-Euc) s.t.
7. Tom van Asbroeck (Bel-Tsv) s.t.
8. Jonas Aaen Jørgensen (Den-Sbt) s.t.
9. Nikolay Trusov (Rus-Kat) s.t.
10. Ramunas Navardauskas (Ltu-Grs) s.t.

I know it was a crash effected sprint, but that's a good result for Luke Rowe - he's got two fractures in his hand.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Geraint Too Fast said:
Top 10
1. André Greipel (Tys-Ltb) 4:55.06 t.
2. Alexander Kristoff (Nor-Kat) s.t.
3. Theo Bos (Ned-Rab) s.t.
4. Luke Rowe (Gbr-Sky) s.t.
5. Stefan Schumacher (Tys-Cwo) s.t.
6. Matteo Pelucchi (Ita-Euc) s.t.
7. Tom van Asbroeck (Bel-Tsv) s.t.
8. Jonas Aaen Jørgensen (Den-Sbt) s.t.
9. Nikolay Trusov (Rus-Kat) s.t.
10. Ramunas Navardauskas (Ltu-Grs) s.t.

I know it was a crash effected sprint, but that's a good result for Luke Rowe - he's got two fractures in his hand.

He lives in the same town as me, very small town. :p

CN journalist: please check names

Quick info for the CN journalist who wrote stage 1 report:
Please notice that Jesper Morkov and Michael Morkov are not the same rider.
Writup says Michael Morkov was in a break, but results show that Jesper Morkov was getting intermediate sprint points.

TRENDING THREADS