• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Post Danmark Rundt (2.HC) 22nd - 26th August

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 19, 2010
Visit site
20120730-0717-47.jpg

I love the knife and fork symbol. What's on the menu? Sol over Gudehjem? Stegt flæsk med persillesovs?

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
now why didn't I think of that?

maltiv said:
It's a bit funny that the sprinting lineup here is ridiculously much stronger than at the Vuelta.

Think it could have anything to do with the 10 summit finishes in Spain, that start during the beginning stages of the race? I heard the fast twitch guys are very susceptible to altitude sickness.

Question: Is there a "King of the Mountains" category in Denmark? All I saw on the race profile were speed bumps.

neineinei said:
20120730-0717-47.jpg

I love the knife and fork symbol. What's on the menu? Sol over Gudehjem? Stegt flæsk med persillesovs?

Yup. And rødgrød med fløde. Obviously, that's not very practical to eat without a spoon.

rickshaw said:
Question: Is there a "King of the Mountains" category in Denmark? All I saw on the race profile were speed bumps.

There is something similar, but at least the race organisation's been realistic and called it a hill competition. A speed bump competition would've been just as appropriate though.

Greipel won again.

1. André Greipel (Tys-Ltb)
2. Michael van Stayen (Bel-Tsv) s.t.
3. Steele von Hoff (Aus-Grs) s.t.
4. Alexander Kristoff (Nor-Kat) s.t.
5. Luke Rowe (Gbr-Sky) s.t.
6. Mark Sehested Petersen (Den-Bwc) s.t.
7. Tom Boonen (Bel-Opq) s.t.
8. Dennis Vanendert (Bel-Ltb) s.t.
9. Sonny Colbrelli (Ita-Cog) s.t.
10. Matteo Pelucchi (Ita-Euc) s.t.

GC
1. André Greipel (Tys-Ltb) 10:07.08 t.
2. Alexander Kristoff (Nor-Kat) +0.14
3. Michael van Stayen (Bel-Tsv) s.t.
4. Steele von Hoff (Aus-Grs) +0.16
5. Jelle Wallays (Bel-Tsv) +0.17
6. Nikola Aistrup (Den-Vpc) s.t.
7. Jaroslaw Marycz (Pol-Stb) +0.18