• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Post Danmark Rundt (2.HC) 22nd - 26th August

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
GC Top 10 + some good TT'ers

1. Lars Petter Nordhaug 14:50.19
2. André Greipel +0.03
3. Wilco Keldermann +0.04
4. Ramunas Navardauskas +0.06
5. Alexander Kristoff +0.07
6. Stefan Schumacher +0.10
7. Nicola Boem +0.10
8. Rasmus Guldhammer +0.10
9. David Veilleux +0.10
10. Jelle Vanendert +0.10
13. Manuele Boaro + 0.13
16. Lieuwe Westra + 0.21
19. Lars Bak +0.23
20. Michael Rogers +0.23
22. Gustav Larsson +0.23

Full GC

theyoungest said:
It would be cool if Greipel did a reasonable TT, that way he could even win the overall with the remaining bonus seconds. The rest is basically a crapshoot between more or less equal time trialists.
If he hadn't wasted his energy by attacking 3 times today he'd probably still be in the GC lead too. But normally Kelderman should put at least 30 seconds on him in the ITT and he can't get much more than 20 bonus seconds.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
I appreciate he's from Rabobank, so by default he has to be the favourite to win this race, but do you think Kelderman will be able to beat Navardauskas in a TT?

djlovesyou said:
I appreciate he's from Rabobank, so by default he has to be the favourite to win this race, but do you think Kelderman will be able to beat Navardauskas in a TT?

That was my question as well.

If Kelderman does a ITT like in the Dauphine, there can be no question. He'll win.
But a mere 2 weeks later in the Dutch ITT Champs he was only 6th or something.
So he is not super consistent yet. And this ITT is shorter as well.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
That was my question as well.

If Kelderman does a ITT like in the Dauphine, there can be no question. He'll win.
But a mere 2 weeks later in the Dutch ITT Champs he was only 6th or something.
So he is not super consistent yet. And this ITT is shorter as well.
Navardauskas isn't consistent at all either. But there's also Schumacher, Boaro, Westra, Rogers... that's why I said, it's a crapshoot.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Got a feeling Boaro just might destroy it tomorrow. But surprising how many contenders are still in reach for the win after this stage which usually gives larger gaps.

Btw love how Boonen rode himself all out and just blew up

CasperVg said:
ITT starting now. I have no idea about Nordhaug's ITT abilities, can he hold on to the lead?
The road stage is starting now, the ITT is this afternoon.

Nordhaug is decent in ITT's, but not good enough to hold on. This year he's been 25th in the Criterium International ITT, 15th in Pais Vasco (hilly) and 3rd in Norwegian championships ITT (actually would've beaten EBH if he didn't puncture). But yet all he can hope for here is to remain in the top 5 overall, and just that is quite unrealistic really.

Westra suddenly smashes the best split time

Bedste mellemtid
Plac. Rytter Tid
1 [68] Lieuwe Westra 08'56"
2 [76] *Anton Vorobyev 09'01"
3 [73] Maxim Belkov 09'06"
4 [6] Michael Rogers 09'10"
5 [24] Rick Flens 09'11"
6 [62] Gustav Larsson 09'12"
7 [18] Mads Christensen 09'12"
8 [7] Geraint Thomas 09'12"

edit: Boaro concedes 6 seconds to Westra halfway