• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Post Danmark Rundt (2.HC) 22nd - 26th August

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dekker_Tifosi said:
btw: I don't like the big "KELDERMAN FAIL" posts.. cmon, give the guy a break. This is the problem with the Netherlands. Immediately he is expected to win or do well in everything.
Niets moet alles mag, as far as I'm concerned. You didn't hear British guy shouting random "Froome fail" when he wasn't a top contender yet :p
Don't worry, when he doesn't top-10 in the Giro next year he'll be written off immediately ;)

(and for someone who isn't really a climber, that's not very unlikely)

killswitch said:
He was 12th in Driedaagse de Panne TT. ;) Certainly improved compared to BMC years :D and he isn't 25? yet.
That's the overall you're looking at there (the 12th place). He was actually 34th.

But yes, he has quite a lot of natural talent but is known to be rather lazy. Puts on way too much weight in the off-season and skips trainings when it's raining. Looks like he has become a lot more serious this season though.

maltiv said:
That's the overall you're looking at there (the 12th place). He was actually 34th.

But yes, he has quite a lot of natural talent but is known to be rather lazy. Puts on way too much weight in the off-season and skips trainings when it's raining. Looks like he has become a lot more serious this season though.
He remained pretty close on the hilly stage as well. I had him down as one of the worst climbers in the peloton.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
theyoungest said:
He remained pretty close on the hilly stage as well. I had him down as one of the worst climbers in the peloton.

Well he did finish 15th at Ronde and that's a sign he's a decent hilly rider at least.

Looks like he's quite an all-round cyclist, wouldn't believe that seeing him a year ago.