• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Tirreno -Adriatico, Stage 1: San Vincenzo - Donoratico, 21.7km

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
jens_attacks said:
lol italians and their beautiful crazy routes for a bunch sprint.
it seems like today's stage might not end in a sprint.at 7 km to go to the finish: strappo di Ponticino(max 12%!!!).imagine paris-nice,there it would be a cat 2 climb.

I did read that on gazzetta.it but I think it's a bit exaggerated. There's a climb with ~8,5% with about 10k to go, it's 700m long.

they did the same circuit last year, just the other way around, and I did not see such a decrease

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
Seems like Gilbert made a lot of enemies at Lotto lol.

http://www.sporza.be/cm/sporza/wielrennen/120307_De_Wolf_scherp

Gilbert also can't stand Marck Coucke.

"Dropping like that, that's not the Gilbert I know. Gilbert will never ever drop."

"At least not in a team time trial! Dropping for tactical reasons is bull****. This is not normal. Philippe is used to hurting everyone, now he knows what pain is for a change."

"He hurt me last year(by not taking him with him to BMC). It's hard to feel compassion now. But let us only draw conclusions when the real races begin."

--> Dirk de Wolf.

Those comments are a load of bull****. In many many TTT's Lelangue directs he always is willing to drop riders even if that means coming to the line with 5 riders. I've seen interviews where he has been open about how he likes to drop riders in TTT's by making them do longer turns at the start. He does this more so than other directors.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
lol talk about trolling.

I find that to be a very moderate position.

I hope the ttt will be gone from cycling by next year.

Somewhat agree. I think Eindhoven TTT should be brought back and make it a World Tour event as well. I think TTT's are fun to watch as a spectacle.

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Somewhat agree. I think Eindhoven TTT should be brought back and make it a World Tour event as well. I think TTT's are fun to watch as a spectacle.

Seeing a well oiled & practiced team fly through a TTT is very impressive, yea. Agreed, glad the worlds have a TTT this year :)

auscyclefan94 said:
Those comments are a load of bull****. In many many TTT's Lelangue directs he always is willing to drop riders even if that means coming to the line with 5 riders. I've seen interviews where he has been open about how he likes to drop riders in TTT's by making them do longer turns at the start. He does this more so than other directors.
And how do you explain the text message De Wolf got from Phil, "I'm in a really bad shape?"

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:

kind of hilarious as lelangue and his teams have always sucked hard in ttt's especially now they are bmc though. even worse than phonak. shows you you need a balanced team rather than a bunch of unbalanced riders and ego's

I am wondering how long it will be before we get a thread, something along the lines of: "Phil Gilbert, Sandbagging or just Flagging?"
Not sure how to weave a bit more BMC bashing into the title, though.;):p:D
(It certainly would keep El P busy for a while!)

roundabout said:
Official ,err, explanation is that Gilliboulle has a tooth ache. Although seeing how chunky he is now, eating less should help.

Hopefully it doesn't lead to him bawling on the podium after being overwhelmed by the expectations, ala Cavendish, when he finally gets that first win of the year.:)

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:

Yeh but not as much as JV, JV deliberatebly makes his stronger riders like zabriskie and millar drop off before the end and of course it works evidently its starting to catch on...

simo1733 said:
25!! His voice sounds more like 45.I think he is one of Eurosport's utility commentators .He definately does his homework though.Seems to have an encyclopeadic knowledge of all the riders palmares.

The link said he finished his undergrad 7 years ago and his masters 3.

don't know about encyclopedic. he knows about as much as the average cn poster.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
The link said he finished his undergrad 7 years ago and his masters 3.

don't know about encyclopedic. he knows about as much as the average cn poster.

I am not sure if I like him or not yet.He seems to know his stuff, but he is throwing the facts in relentlessly and his vocal style is remincent of 70s Radio DJ.
I think you underestimate him when you compare him to the average cn poster He commentated on Tour De Brunei and had an impressive knowledge of what was mostly Asian continental squads and national teams.

TRENDING THREADS