• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Tirreno -Adriatico, Stage 4:Amelia - Chieti: 252km

T04_Chieti_alt_big.jpg

last Km.
T04_Chieti_ukm.jpg

T04_Chieti_plan.jpg

El Pistolero said:
Scarponi!

bettiniphoto_0101502_1_full_600.jpg

not so sure right now.
what about the weather on lanciano?weren't snow predictions for this week in high mountains in abruzzo?
i think colombians and acqua e sapone will murder the peloton on lanciano(il killer's training climb where he does all the tests).
di luca for the win!
very curious about papy horner,will he hang on?

the day cunego messed around with robobasso...

1 Ivan Basso (Ita) Team CSC 4.04.19 (41.994 km/h)
2 Damiano Cunego (Ita) Lampre-Fondital 0.30
3 José E. Gutierrez Cataluna (Spa) Phonak Hearing Systems
4 Giampaolo Caruso (Ita) Liberty Seguros-Würth Team 0.45
5 Luca Mazzanti (Ita) Ceramica Panaria-Navigare 1.09
6 Leonardo Piepoli (Ita) Saunier Duval-Prodir 1.15
7 Gilberto Simoni (Ita) Saunier Duval-Prodir
8 Danilo Di Luca (Ita) Liquigas 1.32
9 José Rujano Guillen (Ven) Selle Italia-Serramenti Diquigiovanni 1.50
10 Julio Alberto Perez Cuapio (Mex) Ceramica Panaria-Navigare 1.52

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab_1qbecL24

a very difficult climb,i think it will be all over the place after few kms.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
The beginning of three days of beautiful racing. If his hand doesn't get in the way, I would like to see scarponi win here yet again.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
bettiniphoto_0101502_1_full_600.jpg

not so sure right now.
what about the weather on lanciano?weren't snow predictions for this week in high mountains in abruzzo?
i think colombians and acqua e sapone will murder the peloton on lanciano(il killer's training climb where he does all the tests).
di luca for the win!
very curious about papy horner,will he hang on?

rain today, no snow and tomorrow (sat)to be sunny with temp of 9º-12º, windy at 35kph which might be a decider for the end of the stage as it looks like it will be behind the riders acending from Lettomanopello but against them coming towards Chieti.

Hope to Colderportes, Betancurt and Garzelli up there.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Cadel's first real test of form. Not sure he has the form like last year but if he does have the form let's hope he doesn't hang back too much like last year. I think Peter Velits will win this.

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I think it's gonna come down to a spring between Purito and DiLuca, with Garzelli a close third, with the remainder of contenders 30+ seconds down.

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
theyoungest said:
What a course for an early season one week race. The Colombians will tear the race apart, on this stage and the next.

Although I heard they all crashed already, well that is no surprise I guess.
Only Duarte I think, and he is apparently uninjured.

TRENDING THREADS