• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Tour de France: Stage 12: Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne → Annonay Davézieux (226km)

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 8, 2009
www.edwardgtalbot.com
LOL from Phil with 2K to go "The way he's riding right now, Wiggins could win this group sprint."

Yeah, Goss better be relegated for that. Otherwise, no point in having rules about holding your line.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
"The sport is as clean as it's ever been. Four British stage wins, we're clean riders and we're dominating the Tour de France."

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
stupid move by Goss, those extra points aren't worth the retaliation that may come at a later date, Sagan is a young, emotional rider on an Italian team, stupid move

May 27, 2010
Visit site
will10 said:
"The sport is as clean as it's ever been. Four British stage wins, we're clean riders and we're dominating the Tour de France."

I respect you, you are one of the few british out here who isn't a massive sky fan.

I really hate stages with profiles like this one. I realize every stage can't be mountaintop finishes, but what is the point of even including the two category one climbs when they are so far away from the finish? There's almost no chance the overall contenders will race the climbs and it turns into a parade, almost like watching the sprinters group just riding fast enough to make the time cut.

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
tomorrow said:
i think it was not italian, it was slovak, it was "kurva"

I'm sure, that he said "vaffanculo", and something more at the end, but I know only a little in italian, so what was the other word I don't know.

Blakeslee said:
I really hate stages with profiles like this one. I realize every stage can't be mountaintop finishes, but what is the point of even including the two category one climbs when they are so far away from the finish
So that Pescheux and Prudhomme can boast about having 26 categorised climbs this Tour and that the route isn't too unbalanced and TT heavy.

tomorrow said:
i don't know what is fluffy rabit, but "kurva" very awful word in slovak for prostitute, much more pejorative than english b****
It's the same in every slavic language. :D