• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Tour de France: Stage 16: Pau → Bagnères-de-Luchon, 197 km

Page 40 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
JibberJim said:
2 vs 1 Sky v Nibali and they still don't attack him, in fact they work and help him cement 3rd place. Froome really needs a bit more time, they could've at least tried - or made Nibali do all the work to hold JVDB2 off.
\

LOL...why would they waste their energy attacking someone that is behind them in GC, and that they will stomp in the TT?

I can't believe this is even a question.

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
spent most of this stage asking myself why I don't like TV, his racing today was solid, then he goes into the Jesus poses & lizard tongue'n, and it all rushed back to me why this guy really annoys me
liz2.jpg

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
JibberJim said:
2 vs 1 Sky v Nibali and they still don't attack him, in fact they work and help him cement 3rd place. Froome really needs a bit more time, they could've at least tried - or made Nibali do all the work to hold JVDB2 off.

Wait ? What ? Both Wiggins and Froome will beat Nibali in the TT.

hfer07 said:
well- first glance I take today at the race & guess what- UK postal whipping the pace at the last climb with Rogers, Porte & Co. Basically the Breakaway will get the stage & the GC will be only affected by Evans dropping one spot.............. big deal......

don't say I didn't tell you so.....

so damn predictable:mad:

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
maltiv said:
Wiggins is clearly the 3rd strongest climber in the race and the strongest TT'er. Hard to beat that.

I'm pretty sure Nibali has given up by now. At least he has more or less secured his podium position.

He'll always be remembered as the guy that got beaten by Iglinsky, Froome and Wiggins then. :D

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero
He'll always be remembered as the guy that got beaten by Iglinsky, Froome and Wiggins then.
you forgot Gerrans and Cancellara.

not having a great season when you put it like that

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
PhiberAwptik said:
LOL...why would they waste their energy attacking someone that is behind them in GC, and that they will stomp in the TT?

Then why are they wasting there energy working with him, then all they need to do is sit on and save even more.