• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Tour de France: Stage 8: Belfort → Porrentruy (157.5km)

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Grytskanken said:
Would be real interesting to see EBH in a break today. Not shure they will let him go, but he would be a goog man to have up the road. If the break goes in he'll win for shure, unless Sagan is there maybe.
This does not look like a stage Sky will have to use Eddy on the flats...
A teammate of the yellow jersey is never allowed in the breakaway, because that'd give the rest of Sky a "day off" when they should be working on the front. Sky will use EBH early again, even though he could win the stage from a small bunch sprint that's just not their priority, naturally.

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Adam Hansen ‏@HansenAdam
I have a bet with @AndreGreipel. If Sagans win 2day I must ride a lap in Paris wearing boardshorts & flipflops. If Sagan loses, Andre must.

:D

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Grytskanken said:
Would be real interesting to see EBH in a break today. Not shure they will let him go, but he would be a goog man to have up the road. If the break goes in he'll win for shure, unless Sagan is there maybe.
This does not look like a stage Sky will have to use Eddy on the flats...

if I would find myself with a sky in the break, i would climb of my bike and call it quits....

some of those who lost quite some time already (mollema, martin, voeckler) should try to do sth today, but who knows, the british postmen might want to set up ebh for a sprint....

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Roude Leiw said:
if I would find myself with a sky in the break, i would climb of my bike and call it quits....
Why?
some of those who lost quite some time already (mollema, martin, voeckler) should try to do sth today, but who knows, the british postmen might want to set up ebh for a sprint....
No they will make EBH work and they wont prevent him from sprinting but with so many different dynamics in the team to be working for EBH as well would be pure folly.

Mellow Velo said:
Well, it had to be didn't?
Kissing the tarmac and getting cut up, before that start.
The man most likely to need stabilizers in the whole peloton.
He was supposed to go chasing polka, today.

Bang! down goes Gusev?

Yes, it's not nice to laugh when someone falls off, but every time he crashes of his own accord, I can't help thinking it's karma, after he invented the stupid "bleeding carrots"-thing.