• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Tour de France: Stage 8: Belfort → Porrentruy (157.5km)

Page 29 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
dlwssonic said:
To chase down any attacks from the GC contenders.
dlwssonic, meet Froome. Froome, meet dlwssonic.

There was never going to be a situation where Wiggo needed more than that today. It was going to be a short chase, and Wiggo would be aided by other GC contenders anyway.

For now I definitely see it as an eyebrow lowering operation, but we'll know soon.

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
AxSnt95CQAAYDTi.jpg:large

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Waterloo Sunrise said:
Please post what time relative to Wiggins you consider good, average and bad for Cadel.

Genuinely intrigued what you think would be surprising, if you think his prologue timeloss was good.

Prologue time loss was decent for him.
I think anything below 45-30 seconds is good

May 27, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
dlwssonic, meet Froome. Froome, meet dlwssonic.

There was never going to be a situation where Wiggo needed more than that today. It was going to be a short chase, and Wiggo would be aided by other GC contenders anyway.

For now I definitely see it as an eyebrow lowering operation, but we'll know soon.

I really hope it isn't, I want to see a fair race.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
How is that good? He can't drop Wiggins anywhere. He'll lose the Tour if he doesn't beat Wiggins in the time trials. Only real gaps in this Tour will be made in time trials, crashes and unfortunate mechanicals.

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Yet Sky had Froome and Wiggins there.

Evans - alone
JvdB - alone
Radioshack - with 3 but only by the skin of their teeth
Menchov - alone
Nibali - alone

what's your point?? Lol

Much better than yesterday when we saw like 3 sky riders out of 8.
Today gave us more hope that sky could be beaten.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
How is that good? He can't drop Wiggins anywhere. He'll lose the Tour if he doesn't beat Wiggins in the time trials.

+1

If Wiggins will gain that much in TT's - Evans is doomed with Wiggins in this form.

May 27, 2010
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
How is that good? He can't drop Wiggins anywhere. He'll lose the Tour if he doesn't beat Wiggins in the time trials. Only real gaps in this Tour will be made in time trials, crashes and unfortunate mechanicals.

Who knows? The tour is still long. I think evans can gain time in the 3rd or 2nd weeks. Plus I believe he will be stronger by the last TT.

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Tomorrow I hope its below 30 seconds but its gonna be tough for evans.
However at least today he showed that he is strong and was quite aggressive, a good sign.
Evans won't go down without a fight I'm sure.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering why Radioshack weren't really chasing for Gallopin in the final, then I saw the faces of Schleck and Horner and it all made sense :D

Is it two or three minutes apart for the final riders tomorrow?

will10 said:
I was wondering why Radioshack weren't really chasing for Gallopin in the final, then I saw the faces of Schleck and Horner and it all made sense :D

Is it two or three minutes apart for the final riders tomorrow?

They were struggling to stay with the group on the flat at times.

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Waterloo Sunrise said:
I would say less than 25, good, 25-50, average, anything over 50 poor.

Two things remember that tomorow's TT isnt towards the end of the Tour like last year's was. Also looking at the Dauphine TT you seem to be over rating Cadel a bit of course he may have been behind on form (though I dont think he was by much) but I find it hard to believe that that time gap will be eroded so considerably.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts