• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Tour of Britain (9th - 16th September)

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
another good race.tour of britain really delivered this year,putting to shame even historical events.great crowds too

now let's get that rainbow jersey,JTL!

Smaller races with no big cyclists are often more entertaining than big races.

Doesn't beat any of the Monuments or the Vuelta this year though.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
argyllflyer said:
Ex olympic champion
Current Tour de France champion & current Olympic TT winner
Current World Champion
Double Grand Tour winner
(and an aged former 'Cobbled Classics' winner)

:confused:

Ex Olympic champ is only here because his bad season and crashes. He's not in great shape.

Bradley Wiggins is not in shape and doesn't give a damn about this race, who can blame him.

And you're seriously playing the Magnus Backstedt card lol? He wasn't a big name to begin with.

Basso is past it and has never been much of a bike rider outside Grand Tours anyway. I vaguely remember a second place in LBL, but that's about it.

I'll give you Cav.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
theyoungest said:
This course was fantastic. If the UK get to organize a 'classic', this should be it.

They had a few World Cup races in the 90s(or 80s), I don't know what roads those used though. Anyone with more information?

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
yeah, I've always been a bit annoyed by the upcoming GB cycling scene, because I don't like Sky and I don't like most British riders, but this race was awesome.

If cycling getting big in GB means this racing, by all means, I'll have it!

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
So tomorrow I get to see JTL storm up Winterfold (Barhatch) in the leaders' jersey - awesome!!:D:D:D

He has brilliantly bookended the season for me as the other place I cycle a lot is Haut-Var/western Alpes Maritimes.

I really really hope they can take the overall - that would be brilliant for Endura/Brian Smith and show there is more to British cycling than SKY

I'll leave to Jens-Attacks to big him up for the Worlds:cool:, but he should be given full support one year with the kind of three year plan Cav had for sure

TRENDING THREADS