• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Vuelta a España: Stage 1: Pamplona → Pamplona (TTT) (16.5km)

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The last 3 weeks have been great for Castroviejo. He was only selected for the Olympics because Samu couldn't make it, but was very impressive in the RR and then finished in the top 10 in the TT. That was followed by 6th place at the Eneco Tour and now he's leading the Vuelta. :)

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Waterloo Sunrise said:
Surprised to hear people talk about Alberto riding in to form.

I'd expect him to be at his best early on, and the lack of racing will tell at the end if it's going tell at all.

Tbh Both Nicki Sørensen, Riis and COntador himself have stated that he wont be at his best in the first week but that he will improve during the race and hopefully peak in the last week. But a Contador at 95% is still a force to be reckoned with

The Hitch said:
Watching the ttt again, The Great One really did spend loads of time on the front.

Aye, he did th same in ENECO

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
neineinei said:
Sky didn't get the start they wanted so one of the riders crashed so they could restart. UCI is handling the paper work now.

Funny you mention that. UCI hasn't posted the individual rankings on their website either! (They've posted the stage results on the UCI Continental Results page, but not the WorldTour page, and they haven't posted the overall rankings on either site.)

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
The organizers are delaying the official standings. The bull ring finnish was nice but the structure seemed unable to took the time right. Probably the vibes of people jumping:confused:

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Forunculo said:
The organizers are delaying the official standings. The bull ring finnish was nice but the structure seemed unable to took the time right. Probable the vibes of people jumping:confused:
That's highly plausible. I could have sworn, in fact, that Omega Pharma-Quickstep had a better time than Rabobank, but somehow OPQ's got adjusted upwards. Also, the first several teams to go (I remember this with Caja Rural and Garmin-Sharp for certain) had their times taken at the tunnel leaving the bullring originally, rather than the white stripe in the middle of the bullring, which was why they had to adjust those two times.

Overall, however, whoever did the timing probably needs to find a new job as a hermit.

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
1. Jonathan Castroviejo (Movistar Team) 18:51
2. Javier Moreno (Movistar Team) m.t.
3. Beñat Intxausti (Movistar Team) m.t.
4. Nairo Quintana (Movistar Team) m.t.
5. Alejandro Valverde (Movistar Team) m.t.
6. Juanjo Cobo (Movistar Team) a 4
7. Lars Boom (Rabobank) a 10
8. Bauke Mollema (Rabobank) m.t.
9. Juanma Garate (Rabobank) m.t.
10. Robert Gesink (Rabobank) m.t.
24. Rigoberto Urán (Sky) a 12
25. Chris Froome (Sky) m.t.
28. Sergio Luis Henao (Sky) m.t.
29. Jurgen Van den Broeck (Lotto-Belisol) m.t.
35. Alberto Contador (Saxo Bank-Tinkoff) a 14
40. Joaquim Rodríguez (Katusha) a 15
41. Denis Menchov (Katusha) m.t.
47. Igor Antón (Euskaltel-Euskadi) a 28
59. Fredrik Kessiakoff (Astana) a 34
64. Nicolas Roche (Ag2r-La Mondiale) a 34
70. Thomas De Gendt (Vacansoleil-DCM) a 35
87. Damiano Cunego (Lampre-ISD) a 54
94. Maxime Monfort (RadioShack-Nissan) a 55
95. Tiago Machado (RadioShack-Nissan) m.t.
131. Andrew Talansky (Garmin-Sharp) a 1:27

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
minessa said:
Three Astana riders crashed today. Tiralongo and Gasparotto are in hospital for examination. No info yet on whether they can continue.
https://twitter.com/TiraAstana
One of them looked like they were outside the time cut, which should have been a little under eight minutes. At the very least, I could swear I saw the team that was two behind Astana pass one of the Astana riders on the run-in (I believe it was Lotto-Belisol)

togo95 said:
From Štybar's twitter: Because of bad luck we could do better as 3th today. Police motorbikes send us in wrong direction:(

it happened after about ~half way of the stage, him and Tony Martin lost contact due to this adversity (they were at the front and took the wrong way, following the policemen, the remainder of the team was able to take the correct way)

TRENDING THREADS